Senior Sales Rep, Consulting Services - Energy
WE OFFERHSB Solomon Associates LLC, a subsidiary of Hartford Steam Boiler and Munich Re, is seeking candidates for a Senior Sales Representative, Consulting Services – Energy & Refining position to work in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment. Solomon is the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry, serving clients in nearly 80 countries, with global headquarters in Dallas and regional offices in Houston, London, Manama, and Singapore. Solomon provides data-driven, strategic insight across the energy industry, leading to greater efficiency, reliability, and profitability.
The Senior Sales Representative, Consulting Services – Energy & Refining is responsible for the Refining and Logistics Business Unit’s (BU) revenue growth in service solutions to clients in Solomon’s Performance Improvement, Performance Monitoring, and Sustainability and Strategic Insights business families. The Senior Sales Representative is responsible for owning, leading, setting, and monitoring performance improvement strategies and the sales pipeline for solutions within the assigned BU. This position is critical to the revenue growth of the BU in support of Solomon’s annual and long-term strategic growth objectives to expand and diversify the mix of business within each business unit.
The Senior Sales Representative, Consulting Services – Energy & Refining is responsible for understanding and linking the business needs and market drivers affecting Solomon clients to ensure that the services offered are relevant and appropriate. The PSM must understand the solutions and effectively leverage Solomon’s benchmarking study data and other differentiators when developing unique services solutions and proposals to clients (e.g., performance gap closure/improvement). The Senior Sales Representative, Consulting Services will proactively collaborate with Solomon stakeholders in Commercial (marketing, sales, regional leadership), Product Management, and Business Unit leadership to promote services with targeted clients, support the sales pipeline, and achieve sales objectives on a sustained and regular basis.
The PSM is responsible for coordinating and completing service proposals or contributing to proposal content, including technical approaches, work scopes, commercial terms, etc. The PSM will collaborate with Solutions Delivery to recommend appropriate skill sets and resource needs for BU projects. This role will also actively monitor the performance of projects and provide advice and feedback to Project Managers and Business Unit leadership. The PSM will have a modest billability goal and will participate as an active team member for billable projects within the BU.
− Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum, or related engineering field)
− Master’s degree and/or advanced professional degree preferred (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
- 15+ years overall business experience
- 10+ years in the refining sector in either operations, technical, project management, economics and planning, or other function(s) relevant to developing a clear understanding across multiple aspects of the business; alternatively, can qualify with 10+ years or more experience as a consultant to clients within the refining sector
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry segment within the purview of the refining sector preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft® Office products such as Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint®
- Interpersonal and communication skills including excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to present and provide insightful analysis at multiple levels within client organizations, up to and including the C-Suite of multinational companies
- Competency with business calculations and exposure to performance improvement solutions as a consultant, either at Solomon or at other firms
- Knowledgeable in marketing and supply interactions, market drivers, challenges, and evolving trends affecting the BU sectors and clients around the world with the ability to translate these challenges and trends into opportunities to position Solomon solutions with clients and turn opportunities into closed sales
- Proactive with a high degree of initiative and ability to identify issues and decisively solve problems, influence change, and provide advice and consultation to clients and colleagues on complex solutions and proposals
- Exhibits a high degree of collaboration to interact with and influence stakeholders, resolve and manage conflict, implement effective approaches to address client problems, and deliver effective proposals that lead to achieving revenue and margin objectives for the BU
- Strong analytical, innovation, and persuasion skills with the ability to translate complicated concepts into pragmatic solutions for the business
- Dedicated to creating high quality solutions, written proposals, materials, and work products within deadlines
- Actively coach business development personnel in areas of subject matter expertise
- Understanding of Solomon or similar benchmarking studies and application of study results to promote and secure services projects with clients
- Understanding of Solomon or similar services solutions in each of the three Business Lines and ability to apply them to solve problems and drive profitable results within the BU client base and asset types
- Ensures Accountability—Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Customer Focus—Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Resourcefulness—Secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently
- Manages Complexity—Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Situational Adaptability—Adaptable approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Willing to travel and participate on assignments at domestic and overseas client facilities; will be expected to participate on Solomon consulting projects at client locations worldwide
- This position would be based in Solomon’s Dallas, Houston, or UK office. Remote locations will also be considered.