WE OFFERThe Data Scientist will work under the guidance of more senior data science staff on modeling projects but is expected to ensure the appropriate modeling and analytic methodologies are applied within the scope of a given project. In addition, work on small scale or ad hoc data science projects independently. Work closely with data engineering and infrastructure teams to deploy models and data products at scale.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistic, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Master’s degree in a qualitative field is preferred
- 2+ years’ experience predictive analytics, data mining or statistical analysis in the insurance industry or 4+ years predictive analytics, data mining or statistical analysis in other industry
- Experience with Git or similar tool for version control
- Experience working with big-data technology on Linux-based systems is a plus
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with Bayesian programming languages/frameworks such as Stan, or PyMC3 is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Python, R, SQL, Scala
- Exposure to cloud computing (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Solid foundation in statistics and machine learning models, processes, and theories, with the ability to evaluate different algorithmic approaches
- Ability to write production-ready code
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.