Data & Analytics Analyst (m/f/d) *
HSB BI&I is currently seeking an experienced professional to join our Data & Analytics team as a Data & Analytics Analyst in our downtown Toronto office. The right professional for this opportunity will be experienced in data visualization, creating storytelling dashboards, derive actionable insights to business stakeholders.
- Acts as technical analyst resource in the Data & Analytics office.
- Ensures all projects and data developed is value adding and provides actionable insights.
- Ensure appropriate level of statistical significance in insights, help educate and hold stakeholders and team accountable in their design and interpretation of analyses.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and conduct analysis that drives meaningful change on KPIs, and critical objectives established by the stakeholder.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Present to senior leadership, working with this team as a partner and providing actionable insights and recommendations.
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
- 2+ years of experience with Power BI including the ability to design, develop DAX, Power Query and deploy BI Dashboards (Power BI)
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel user (VBA) with working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in SQL database design, SQL programming, including stored procedure and table (MS SSIS and SSRS), Python and/or R
- Experience with ETL Data Preparation – Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Data with a firm understanding of how to shape datasets using a mixed environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Information Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics
- 3+ years related experience in Implementation of Value Adding Data Visualization Design and Best Practices.
- Be a hands-on analytical resource who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to solve complex business questions through data.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment but able to independently manage workload.
- Open to exploring new and inventive ways to analyze data
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.