Inspector (Loss Control) - East Toronto (m/f/d) *
Service Territory: East Toronto
HSB Canada is currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team of field experts as an Inspector (Loss Control) servicing our East Toronto territory. Working within this territory, the Inspector (Loss Control) shall identify and quantify areas of equipment-based risk, including potential areas of improvement and share this expertise effectively both internally and with our client base. The Inspector (Loss Control) shall maintain relationships with clients and colleagues with a focus on risk reduction and customer service. This position is home-based with a company vehicle provided.
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
- At least 3-5 years maintenance/operations experience including boilers/pressure vessels, refrigeration and production equipment.
- Post-secondary technical education.
- Background in Marine, Mechanical or Stationary Engineering is recommended, but not compulsory.
- Knowledge of ASME code (boilers and pressure vessels) is an asset, but not compulsory.
- 2nd Class or above preferred.
- Strong oral, written communications and computer skills (including report writing).
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to travel.
- Dedication to exceptional client service.
- Certificate of Competence (COC) is required to perform jurisdictional inspections in Ontario (ability to obtain)
- National Board Commission is required (or ability to obtain; training will be provided if necessary).
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.