Claims Adjuster (Strategic Products) (m/f/d) *
Personal Lines (Home and Equipment), P&C, Strategic Products
HSB Canada is currently seeking an individual to join our team of experts as a Claims Adjuster in our Head Office located in downtown Toronto. The right individual for this opportunity is client focused and self-driven. The main focus of the Claims Adjuster is the prompt, professional and effective investigation and adjustment of the specialized personal line claims. Come partner with our team and act as a key HSB Canada's liaison as we continue to strategically strengthen HSB Canada’s claims capabilities and our clients’ experiences.
In compliance with established company standards and procedures, and in observance of superior customer service practices, the main responsibilities of this position involve:
- Full-cycle claims handling; from First Notice of Loss to final settlement and payment
- Negotiate settlements and other challenges to resolve claims
- Interact with insureds and client companies to provide advice and guidance towards effective resolution of claims
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
- University Degree and/or CIP designation completed or in process
- 3+ years related work experience processing personal property lines (home or equipment) claims
- Capable of managing a large workload while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills partnered with excellent customer service skills and relationship building skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and strong analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.