Business Development Representative - Edmonton (m/f/d) *
Be the product expert in your marketplace and deliver the innovative, forward-thinking risk solutions and coverage our clients count on. Grow your book by developing new business and retaining renewals. Service existing business promptly and professionally through client visits, seminars, surveys and quotations. Attend industry functions, conventions, and associations in a public relations capacity. Work independently from home and occasionally from the Calgary office, supported by a customer service and inspection team for administrative and technical support. As a member of our team of Business Development Representatives located across Canada, you will be responsible for the territory covering Edmonton and Northern Alberta with use of a company car.
- Maintain a high corporate profile through face-to-face meetings and attending industry functions.
- Maintain profitable growth and retention of a large book of business.
- Apply well organized time and territory management to an assigned geographical region.
- Call on various levels of Client Companies and Brokers to service and develop business.
- Underwrite, negotiate and communicate renewal terms and acquire new business opportunities.
- Educate our customers through seminars and dissemination of marketing materials.
- Monitor transactional activity to meet sales and growth objectives.
- Perform physical survey of commercial and industrials risks.
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit:
- University Degree or College Diploma, CIP or enrolled in the CIP program
- 3+ years in Commercial Property & Casualty, including experience in Underwriting
- Dedicated to and experienced in exceptional sales/marketing and/or customer relationship management
- Strong computer competencies including MS Office.
- Experienced in work planning, time and territory management.
- Confident presentation ability and practiced negotiation skills
- Technical knowledge or interest is an asset but not a requirement
- Valid driver’s license.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.