Director, Engineering Management (m/f/d) *
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic individual who will provide leadership, direction to the Engineering team. The Director, Engineering will be responsible for implementing strategies, systems and processes required for engineering expertise delivery and client management.
The position is a leadership and decision-making role, responsible for training and developing a high functioning team that strives for and ensures efficiency, service excellence and customer satisfaction, risk assessment and loss control expertise, and practices in the area of large industrial equipment and property risks.
Situated in our Head Office in downtown Toronto and reporting to the Vice President, Engineering and Inspection, the Director, Engineering will strengthen HSB Canada’s engineering capabilities by streamlining processes, ensuring delivery of consistent quality, and continually pursuing added value for our customers.
- Manage and lead a team of highly knowledgeable experts who provide risk assessments, claims investigations and loss control recommendations for clients regarding large scale industrial, manufacturing and power generation.
- Participate in internal specialty risk reviews as a knowledge generalist to oversee risk considerations, technical recommendations that support the risk underwriters.
- Manage department planning, scheduling and budgeting of resources needed to successfully achieve objectives.
- Implement strategies and oversee day to day operations of the department.
- Support internal knowledge sharing and organizational learning through team initiatives.
- Review and participate in projects to optimize and enhance internal practices, organizational performance, product development, and reporting within HSB Group.
- Coach teams in professional development, work allocation, problem resolution, performance metrics and evaluation, and related supervisory activities.
- Proactively promote collaboration with peers towards cross-departmental initiatives and fulfillment of the company’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure that service levels to internal and external customers are in accordance with departmental and Company strategies and initiatives.
- Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance with regulatory standards and policies.
- Represent the Company at professional forums and industry events.
- Perform other related duties as needed, contributing to Company successes.
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.hsb.ca
- University Degree in Engineering.
- 7-10 years of proven leadership and people management experience.
- P.Eng designation in good standing is required.
- 10-15 years of industrial experience, maintenance management or loss control experience.
- Exposure to operations and maintenance of all or some of the following: alternative energy, steam and gas turbines, rotating equipment and processes, internal combustion engines, compressors and industrial boilers would be an asset.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, along with mentoring/coaching capabilities.
- Canadian Risk Management designation is an asset.
- Familiarity with Canadian Electrical Codes or National Electrical Codes or NFPA Codes
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills; Bilingualism (English / French) is an asset.
- Able to travel within North America and overseas.
- Previous exposure to the insurance industry is not required but would be considered an asset.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.