Data And Analytics Intern: Winter 2022 Co-op Term (m/f/d) *
- Term: January 2022 – April 2022;
- Hours: 36.25/ week.
HSB Canada is looking a Winter Term Co-op Intern to join the Data and Analytics team. The Data And Analytics Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Data and Analytics team in areas of data management, reporting (including report generating using different tools) and ad hoc tasks as assigned. The Data And Analytics Intern will come to us with a mathematical aptitude coupled with the ability to work independently and with different internal stakeholders.
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
- Currently enrolled in (or recently graduated from) a Business Diploma or Degree program at a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Data and reporting skills such as Power Query, SQL, data visualization (i.e. PowerBI), VBA, Python and knowledge of databases are “key” assets;
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint;
- Exhibits solid organizational skills and attention to detail/accuracy in a fast-paced environment – particularly in relation to data entry;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Proven capability to multi-task and successfully self-manage multiple priorities and projects of various significance;
- Previous experience in an office environment is considered an asset;
- Effective working both independently and as part of a greater team;
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.