Senior Human Resources Consultant – 12 Month Contract (m/f/d) *
The Senior Human Resources Consultant is an experienced leader who provides research, planning, coordination and/or implantation support across a variety of human resources related activities. The successful individual has a deep background of knowledge and experience in human resources having led and contributed to human resources activities throughout their career. The successful incumbent will contribute through additional resource support and expertise for a small team of professionals and is able to flex their support across a range of current and evolving requirements as needed. This role currently is remote due to Covid, otherwise is situated in our downtown Toronto Head Office, and reports to the Director, Human Resources.
- Provide senior level human resources support across various areas of expertise and activities.
- Assist the Director, Human Resources with ongoing department requirements.
- Support project initiatives which may include research, planning, coordination and implementation as needed.
- Act as a resource for department initiatives and requirements to support deliverables within needed timelines.
- Able to be flexible and shift to support new and changing activities as applicable.
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.hsb.ca
- University degree and completion of Human Resources program
- CHRL designation and professional membership in good standing
- 7-10 years of human resources management related experience with deep subject matter expertise across a broad range of human resources disciplines
- Strong leadership, coaching, consulting, and communication skills
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent excel and computer related skills
- Professional with strong discretion and confidentiality practices
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.