Director- Data Strategy & Analytics (m/f/d) *
The Director, Data Strategy & Analytics is a business minded individual responsible for understanding the data needs across the enterprise and for developing and executing a roadmap to maximize data capabilities and business insights. The Director, Data Strategy & Analytics is also responsible for scaling the data function as new products and services are implemented and transforming data into insights that inform strategy and decision making to support profitable growth.
• Partner closely with business leaders across the organization to understand current and future business strategies and goals and translate these into relevant data metrics which drive success.
• Guide the future direction of data strategy and processes, including intake, sources, database design and structure, data integrity and database tools.
• Transform data and information into insights that inform high-level strategy and tactical decision-making in support of revenue and profitability objectives.
• Be a champion for a data driven culture, lead a team of cross-functional analysts and support and train staff in data systems and reporting.
• Develop and execute a plan to maximize self-service capabilities for internal users and customers.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers to ensure information needs are formalized and understood and be conversant in the functional requirements for information exchange.
• Oversee internal and external application/tool development, integration and support. Where required, supervise and evaluate external consultants.
• Liaise with HSB US, UK and Munich Re during forecasting business needs and requirements.
• Implement a formal data governance approach and increase the maturity of the enterprise data capability and environment.
• Influence and effect business process changes to support an efficient and cost-effective business operations environment.
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we
live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s Engineering, Insurance, Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
• Masters or bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Economics, Engineering or Statistics
• 7+ years as an analyst, data scientist or data engineer preferably in the Property and Casualty insurance industry
• Strategic mindset with demonstrated experience in implementing data frameworks and driving continuous improvement
• Expert communication skills and ability to influence varying audiences and business partners
• Experienced people leader with focus on coaching and mentoring cross functional team members
• Knowledge of (re)insurance & products, financial metrics used in insurance and industry data sources
• Strong teamwork skills in order to collaborate and build strong relationships with co-workers and internal clients to support development and implementation of business solutions
• Project management skills including to plan, organize, motivate, and manage resources to achieve specified project objectives while respecting defined constraints,
• Decision making skills and able to solicit and objectively consider input from appropriate sources, and considers implications of actions on other areas, people, and processes when deciding
• Agility with ability to adapt approaches that are appropriate for each and new situations
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted