Vice President, Finance (m/f/d) *
We are looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking leader to join our organization as Vice President, Finance at our Head Office in downtown Toronto. In this role, you will provide key financial leadership to stakeholders, partner closely with the CFO on a range of business driving initiatives, in addition to leading and developing teams focused on accounting operations, financial planning and business partnerships, technical accounting, and specialty projects delivery. As the Vice President, Finance, you will engage your comprehensive understanding of key business drivers and financial metrics to provide insights that propel effective organizational decision-making for innovative, client focused solutions and company performance, as well as enable team members to deliver actionable, value-added analysis across the Company.
- Act as a key resource for financial leadership and expertise to internal stakeholders and contribute to shared learning in pursuit of stronger Company performance outcomes.
- Lead the financial function to support and cultivate Company growth and minimize risk.
- Build and maintain partnerships with peers at direct and global parent organizations to identify opportunities for knowledge sharing, improvements, and new insights across the group.
- Cultivate a data and analytics based approach to guide and support strategic decision making.
- Deliver specific observations, strategic ideas, and recommendations to senior management for continuous improvement outcomes.
- Support the CFO with business initiatives, relying on best practice and implementation of changes to advance and support Company objectives.
- Provide oversight on the annual budget and monthly forecasts and ensure all budgets are accurate, comprehensive, and completed according to expected timelines.
- Prepare and administer all aspects of financial reporting according to IFRS and US GAAP, as well as regulatory reporting requirements.
- Create presentations and other materials that identify and highlight key updates on Company financial performance deliverables as required for Board of Directors meetings.
- Oversee investment, pension, and tax reporting related activities.
- Actively manage and forecast the Company's cash position including appropriate management reporting and escalation.
- Manage the relationship with external and internal auditors; prepare, support and oversee the annual audit process to ensure successful completion.
- Guide the final implementation stages of the IFRS 17 integration project while managing related shareholder and regulatory reporting requirements.
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
- Minimum of a BA in Finance, Accounting designation or a related field is required; other qualifications such as MBA, CFA, CIP are also preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive financial reporting and oversight experience, ideally with P&C insurance company experience.
- Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves and be hands on with daily execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication and effective presentations skills with a high level of comfort presenting ideas to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Initiative to identify areas for improvement and build action plans to implement change.
- Strong financial modeling skills that aid in insight, planning, and delivery.
- Experience motivating and leading teams, developing people and collaboratively engaging with stakeholders across various areas and levels within an organization.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.