Employee Communications Specialist (m/f/d) *
The Employee Communications Specialist is essential to the development and delivery of employee communication plans, programs, and activities that inform, excite, and inspire our employees by building connections across our strategic priorities, Human Resources initiatives, and employees’ workplace experiences. The Employee Communications Specialist applies a data-driven and informed approach to their work to create, edit, and coordinate compelling messaging that supports ongoing awareness, understanding, and engagement for all levels of employees in various regions across Canada. This position is part of a team of professionals, reporting to the Director, Human Resources, and is based out of our Head Office in downtown Toronto.
- Contribute to the department strategy through content planning, development, and distribution of Human Resources communications programs.
- Leverage additional opportunities for internal communications to increase understanding across a broad range of employee experience-related topics and activities.
- Create and leverage communications templates, processes, and tools that ensure alignment to priorities and consistency in messaging.
- Develop engaging material that is reflective of audience, context, and objectives; guide the look, feel, and tone of messaging for employee communications.
- Craft visually impactful presentations, graphics, posters, and messaging materials that drive ongoing employee engagement.
- Maintain a calendar of employee communications to manage and balance delivery with demand.
- Administer and update department intranet sites to keep site content relevant and up to date.
- Optimize and leverage various internal communication channels to highlight important updates and information for employees.
- Contribute to, write, and edit employee articles and for the employee newsletter.
- Act as a resource to colleagues by developing and reviewing Human Resources department material content to be appealing and in adherence with applicable standards.
- Support our D&I Champion in the creation and delivery of a communications plan to educate and inspire employees about our D&I initiatives.
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to develop content that generates interest in our Company and brand and attracts candidates to join our team; review and update job postings for consistency in style, content, and formatting.
- Support activities related to the creation and distribution of employee announcements internally as well as externally when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain strong working partnerships with stakeholders throughout the organization and serve as a resource regarding employee related communications.
- Contribute to team projects with a communications perspective, give input, create materials, and provide ongoing project support activities; build employee related communications for ongoing specialty initiatives.
- Distribute incoming department and employee related inquiries to relevant team members; take a proactive lead in managing response demand.
- Participate in the gathering of data; analyze and report on usage and engagement data and metrics from communications, learning campaigns and tools.
- Utilize internal global communication platforms to share key updates for employees and broader peer groups.
- Monitor and administer employee access to employee communication and collaboration platforms and tools.
- Perform other duties, special projects and responsibilities, as required based on department demand.
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, communications, business, or related field required.
- 3-5 years experience in a corporate internal communications role, including experience specific to the planning, creation and delivery of employee communications.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and usage/engagement metrics to help drive strategic decisions.
- Comprehensive understanding of communications principles and best practices, adhering to privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Exceptional attention to detail along with excellent writing, storytelling, grammar, and proofreading abilities.
- Demonstrated exceptional active listening skills.
- Graphic design skills, and proficiency with employee communication platforms and applications including Power Point and Microsoft Teams; experience with collaboration tools including SharePoint, and Yammer an asset.
- Ability to coordinate and implement complex employee communications programs and projects.
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, as well as able to work independently.
- Able to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment along with strong time management capabilities.
- Demonstrated skills in building trusted relationships, creative thinking, persuasion, decision-making and problem-solving.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this. We will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.