Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist – 12-month contract (m/f/d) *
Under the direction of the Manager, Accounting Operations & Systems, the Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist is responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable for a group of brokers, and client companies, and provides administrative support through the tracking, payment, reconciliation, and analysis of accounts payables, including report generation and general A/P and A/R administration. The Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist prepares disbursements from approved source documents and creates a variety of standard and customized reports using spreadsheets, databases and accounting software.
- Manage the cash collection of a group of brokers and client companies.
- Monitor and record receipts from brokers and client companies, ensuring any cash application issues/challenges are escalated to permit quick resolution.
- Generate monthly aging reports and manage distribution thereof.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Review purchase documentation for completeness and compliance with policies and procedures, and process disbursements for appropriate vendors, suppliers and other external parties.
- Monitor account statements and liaise with business units and vendors to address inquiries and resolve account discrepancies.
- Match purchase orders with supplier invoices, and verify pricing and quantities against receiving information.
- Prepare monthly accruals and other journal entries and perform account reconciliations and financial analysis for AP and other applicable accounts.
- Manage the weekly disbursements (i.e. cheque run, wire payments and ACH payments).
- Sort, code and record supplier invoices in the accounting system on a daily basis.
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
- 3-5 years of previous Accounts Payable or Account Receivable experience, or equivalent, is required
- Highly proficient in MS Excel with advanced knowledge and experience with advanced formulas and functions such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP formulas
- Strong communication skills
- Well organized
- Proven ability to work independently, escalate issues when appropriate and proactively identify issues which may cause processing delays
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in an organization with professionalism and efficiency given the critical and time-sensitive nature of Accounts Receivable / Payable
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.