Operations Assistant - 12 month contract (m/f/d) *
- Working with external vendors to purchase and maintain company equipment.
- Creating and maintaining reports and excel spreadsheets for various projects.
- Writing memos, correspondence, invoices, receipts and negotiating contracts.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Implement clerical duties and administrative processes and support with onboarding and off boarding employees.
- Ad hoc admin assignments pertinent to Fleet and Facilities management.
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way
we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
- 2-3 years administrative experience with high attention to detail.
- Solid general computer skills with Microsoft Office including intermediate Word and Excel skills (use of Pivot tables may be required).
- Prior experience working in insurance/financial industry is an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills (including a professional phone manner).
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining efficiency and accuracy.
Will be required in the office a minimum of 3 days a week.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this;
we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.