Business Development Representative, Edmonton
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you the flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
Edmonton , Canada
This full-time position provides timely, knowledgeable, and professional service to our Brokers and Client Companies (Assumed) within our underwriting guidelines. As a member of our team of Business Development Representatives located across Canada, you will be responsible for an assigned territory with the use of a company car.
• Be the product expert in your marketplace and deliver the innovative, forward-thinking risk solutions and coverage our clients count on.
• Grow your book by developing new business and retaining renewals. Service existing business promptly and professionally through client visits, seminars, quotations and renewal underwriting.
• Attend industry functions, conventions, and associations in a public relations capacity. Work independently and in partnership with our client support and inspections team.
• Managing assigned territory and client group.
• Identifying new market opportunities and initiating contacts.
• University Degree or College Diploma.
• CIP or enrolled in the CIP program.
• 4+ years in Commercial Property & Casualty, including experience in Underwriting.
• Dedicated to and experienced in exceptional sales/marketing and/or customer relationship management.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Computer competency.
• Experienced in work planning, time, and territory management.
• Confident presentation ability and practiced negotiation skills.
• Technical knowledge or interest is an asset but not a requirement.