Claims Adjuster, Commercial Equipment Breakdown, Toronto
Toronto , Canada
HSB is currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team of experts as a Commercial Equipment Breakdown Claims Adjuster in our Head Office located in downtown Toronto. The right professional for this opportunity is client-focused, self-driven, and enjoys utilizing his/her technical expertise to resolve equipment breakdown claims in a prompt and helpful manner. Come partner with our team and act as a key HSB liaison as we continue to strategically strengthen HSB’s claims capabilities and our clients’ experiences.
In compliance with established company standards and procedures, and in observance of superior customer service practices, the main responsibilities of this position involve:
• Full-cycle claims handling, from First Notice of Loss to final settlement and payment.
• Effectively advise the insured on issues related to claims and provide prompt service and quality.
• Appoint and lead experts in support of the investigation of claims.
• Negotiate settlements and other challenges to resolve claims.
• Interact with insureds and client companies to provide advice and guidance towards effective resolution of claims.
• University Degree and/or CIP designation completed or in process.
• 3-5 years of Equipment breakdown or commercial property claims experience.
• Technical credentials and/or a good understanding of equipment breakdown is an added plus, but not a requirement.
• Capable of managing an active pending of claim files.
• Strong negotiation skills partnered with excellent customer service skills and relationship building skills.
• Ability to exercise good judgement and strong analytical thinking.
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient in MS Office and databases.