Underwriters- Regional Team (L2) (m/f/d) *
At HSB we are passionate about what we do!
We are growing the Regional Team!
We are looking for someone who shares that passion to join our Underwriting team. Are you an experienced engineering underwriter looking for change, a fresh start or to develop your career?
As an underwriter you will provide industry and client specific technical underwriting leadership, training and support to our team members. Delivering exceptional underwriting services to clients in line with the Company’s culture of service excellence and high technical standards.
- Support the development and implementation of strategic underwriting growth plans, ensuring alignment with HSB’s wider business ambitions
- Coming up with innovative approaches to improve new and existing business growth
- Increase the technical and trading capability of the underwriting team, act as a technical mentor and referral point for all policy classes.
- Set the standards for the team for customer service and technical excellence through handling the broker panel and caseload.
- Pro-actively engage and build relationships with external partners to maximise opportunities and being aware of market developments.
- Adopt a collaborative approach with BDM’s to enable increased lead generation
- Delivery of planned underwriting result for Segment through proactive account review, analysis of underwriting trends and improvement plans implemented.
- Support in creating a culture of high performance within your team, leading by example in demonstrating the HSB behaviours.
- Actively manage and review underwriting standards and licences ensuring effective management and deployment of Binding Authority accountability.
- Undertake and lead on any team or business wide projects as required by the Segment Lead or Segment Underwriting Manager and commensurate with role.
- Attend broker / strategic partner meetings with BDMs as the technical underwriting lead and deliver presentations and training workshops as required.
Ideally your a strong underwriter within the insurance industry with the ability to build relationships with brokers both virtually and face to face.
We are looking for someone who has experience of auditing and is an analytical thinker, with a strong market presence. A phenomenal negotiator with excellent project management skills.
HSB is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.