Bid Co-Ordinator (m/f/d) *
Are you an experienced Bid Co-Ordinator, or perhaps have similar transferable skills, such a Project Management experience?
This role is a key role supporting the Direct Clients segment to provide effective monitoring, co-ordination and completion of new business tenders and other growth opportunities. You will support key stakeholders to deliver exceptional service to the Segment clients, in line with the company’s culture of service excellence and high technical standards.
To be successful in this role, you will be proficient in Microsoft Excel, and able to demonstrate previous experience maintaining systems and databases. You will have strong analytical skills, and take a pragmatic approach to you work and decision making.
You will be self-motived and driven, taking a pro-active approach to your workload, focussed on achieving goals and meeting business critical deadlines.
- Support the Segment Leader in achieving sustainable, profitable growth and revenue with innovative approaches to maximise new and existing business growth.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to establish robust practices and processes in the identification of potential tender opportunities.
- To establish practices, processes and key performance indicators for the production and delivery of tenders.
- To maintain a central library of standard tender questions and responses.
- To support the development of tender opportunities including the handling, co-ordination and submission of tender responses. This includes RFI’s and PQQ’s.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to continuously improve standard tender responses and other sales related materials.
- To monitor and report on all tender activity against key performance indicators, taking appropriate action and/or alerting Sales Team owner and/or involving others (e.g. Technical Team) as necessary to ensure the timely and smooth progress of tender opportunities.
- To handle and resolve technical and sales support issues and queries to the satisfaction of customers, in line with own authority limit, escalating as appropriate.
- Pro-actively engage and build relationships with external stakeholders to maximise opportunities and being aware of market developments.
- Adopt a collaborative mindset/approach with Sales Team and other key stakeholders to enable increased lead generation.
- Share portfolio accountability for your Segment business with responsibility for profitability and technical governance.
- Work collaboratively with all segments to ensure own segment deliverables are achieved and support cross-segment working.
- Ensure all customer issues are resolved promptly ensuring ‘Customer First’ approach.
- Maintain accurate records within CRM systems (Dynamics 365), populating with all customer interactions and activities to enable and support future opportunities and pro-active cross-segment working.
- Attend all relevant industry and market specific events, conferences and networking activities, raising HSB’s profile and increasing market presence.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and industry and regulatory requirements at all times.
- Attend training to ensure development of required knowledge and skills to enable effective undertaking of the role.
- Undertake any other project or work as directed by the Head of Direct Clients and commensurate with role.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong knowledge of sales related systems and procedures
- Strong trading capability – commercial awareness and ability to build strong relationships
- Critical and analytical and reasoning skills
- Ability to apply high level strategic planning concepts
- Understanding of commercial governance and controls
- Previous bid management experience.
- Awareness and/or experience of UK engineering inspection services.
- Awareness of UK engineering inspection and consultancy services market.