Risk Assurance Analyst (m/f/d) *
Are you looking for an new challenge?
This is exciting new role based in HSBEIL’s Risk team, which is an important component of the Company’s second line of defence model. Reporting in the Company’s Risk Manager, this role will support the delivery of an annual risk assurance plan through leading the completion of thematic reviews across the business. It will also involve the timely tracking and resolution of identified risks and control weaknesses.
The role is based from our Manchester office, however HSB support a hybrid working model.
Reporting to the Risk Manager, the key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Support the development of a risk-based, second line annual review plan which takes into consideration the company’s risk universe and regulatory requirements. Maintaining monthly oversight of risk assurance activity against the plan.
- Lead and support the completion of second line thematic reviews which entails the scoping the reviews; designing and executing a testing programme; presenting findings and agreeing remediation with stakeholders; and issuing reports to key stakeholders and Committees.
- Take ownership for the monitoring the implementation of recommendations by stakeholders.
- Plan and conduct follow-up review, where considered necessary, in order to evaluate the satisfactory completion of original reviews.
- Conduct risk analysis on MI to identify and highlight trends, risks and issues. Use information to inform analysis and to feed into the development of the annual plan.
- Assist with the wider Risk team with coordinating and challenging the first line on their risk and control self-assessments and monitoring activities;
- Assist with the completion of the Company’s annual and ad-hoc Own Risk and Solvency Assessment.
- Support the monitoring of the company’s risk profile through the review and assessment of the Company’s risk register.
- Testing the operational effectiveness of key controls (not MARSOX) and key controls, including but not limited to sampling of first line checks.
- Provide proactive support and guidance to the business on control design and performance in order to manage risk exposures. Work with the internal Operational Risk Lead to
- To act as a communication champion for risk in your touch points with the business.
- Good working knowledge of risk management methodologies including risk identification and assessment, control testing and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial acumen, awareness of balancing risk with business opportunity.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work remotely where required
- Strong skills in planning, organising and prioritisation
- Skilled in both Excel and PowerPoint