Manama , Bahrain
Your jobLocation: UK or Bahrain
Solomon Associates, the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry, is seeking candidates for an Advisor position to work in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment. This position will be based in either the United Kingdom (UK) or the Bahrain office and the Advisor’s responsibilities include the following:
- Deliver Solomon studies, services, products, and solutions as part of project teams.
- Provide support to the Product Management Teams.
- Serve as Client Partner for assigned client accounts, which includes developing solutions for clients with Business Unit (BU) Performance Solutions Managers. The assigned client accounts will range from a single BU to a single site through to Multi-National Major Energy companies with multiple assets.
- Develop leads for follow-up client services and engagements.
- Provide feedback from clients to Product Management.
- Represent Solomon on industry conference panels and through speaker engagements.
- Act as a Project Manager for assigned projects, with responsibilities including resource and cost forecasting, using the Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) system, resource planning, and negotiation for resources with the Solutions Delivery Manager.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Deliver study results presentations to clients.
- Analyze client data to determine performance.
- Develop products and programs and work with clients to facilitate performance improvement.
- Review client data to improve accuracy and consistency of data quality.
- Provide advice on customer feedback and satisfaction.
- Introduce and work on product development ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in the energy industry, particularly refining, petrochemical, and/or chemical manufacturing.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge, expertise, and implementation in process engineering, energy efficiency analysis and improvement and engineering calculations, specifically around heat and material balances, technology application, process interactions, optimization techniques, and applied use of those principles in active facilities.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more process technologies.
- 10 years’ experience in technical functions either as a Consultant, or as Operations Manager/Technical Manager in an Operating Company or higher.
- Experience in hydrogen technology, renewable fuel co-processing, alternative low-carbon technologies is an advantage.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office® (Word®, Excel®, and PowerPoint®)
- Expert skills in SQL database, or willing to develop expertise
- Possess good presentation and facilitation skills; as well as be articulate and comfortable communicating effectively with clients
- Possess good written and oral communication skills, so that written reports require little or no review
- Able to understand world cultures
- Able to understand acceptable quality of client deliverables
- Able to present and provide insightful analysis up to and including the C-Suite of multinational companies. It would be helpful for the candidate to have knowledge of benchmarking processes.
- Able to demonstrate superior analytical skills when data and problems are not well defined
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to work with little supervision in order to successfully meet deadlines
- Provide coaching to other advisors in areas of subject matter expertise
- Able to interface with multiple levels in clients’ organizations
- Must be willing to travel and participate on assignments at domestic and overseas client facilities for up to 4 weeks at a time; will be expected to participate on Solomon consulting projects at client locations worldwide.
Solomon’s core business centers around helping clients optimize their operational performance. At Solomon, we help drive world-class performance improvement for energy-intensive assets. By combining our proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis—led by experts steeped in decades of hands-on industry experience—Solomon is well positioned to help you identify and close your operational performance gaps…leading to greater efficiencies, reliability, and improved margins.