Head of Product Management
Houston , United States
Your jobSolomon, the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry, is seeking to fill a Head of Product Management role to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The position will lead the organizational design, product strategy, operations, procedures, and processes for product management. The Head of Product Management’s responsibilities also include:
• Identify opportunities that lead the growth of products through innovation while still maintaining the fundamental business goals and priorities.
• Drive the strategic vision and objectives for adopting technologies and capabilities into the business products that clients perceive as value added and result in sound financial outcomes.
• Lead a team that is focused on enhancing the definition and growth of the product in its market.
• Drive and oversee the development and management of the product roadmap based on the adopted strategies and vision.
• Lead the product committee and approve and maintain the overall product portfolio performance.
• Lead and mentor product management team.
• Drive the innovation and improvement of the business’ product as well as the day-to-day product activities in such a way that ensures that the product is constantly evolving to suit the clients’ needs.
• Ensure necessary steps are being taken to make any modifications being made in the product or strategy in order to bring out the best results for the business units.
• Spearhead investigation and analyses on the products and the product markets.
• Identify opportunities, and present these to the business units heads for initial validation and testing. This information ultimately serves to influence the business’ product strategy and ensures that the business makes informed and beneficial decisions when presented to the Product Committee and subsequently to the Executive Committee.
The Head of Product Management will also partner with other functional leaders in order to align and execute product strategies and ensure each group receives the right level of support from its colleagues. The position works very closely with CTO, CMO, business unit and solutions delivery heads to deliver the business’s product into the market.
The Head of Product Management is tasked with the identification of issues in the strategies developed by the product line managers and product managers. Apart from identification, it is his or her responsibility to resolve these strategic issues, which potentially impair the whole department’s ability to meet the product’s financial, strategic, and technical goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Computer Science
- Postgraduate Certificate in Digital Business and Management (Strategy, Marketing, Development, Transformation)
- 10+ years in product management and/or strategic planning in complex/matrix environments
- 5+ years in product leadership (CPO/VP/Director)
- 3+ years of international experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office® (Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®)
- Required: leadership/people skills
- Knowledge of product life cycle and management process
- Knowledge of the Energy industries
- Analytical skills
- Vision and focus skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Multicultural management skills
Solomon’s core business centers around helping clients optimize their operational performance. At Solomon, we help drive world-class performance improvement for energy-intensive assets. By combining our proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis—led by experts steeped in decades of hands-on industry experience—Solomon is well positioned to help you identify and close your operational performance gaps…leading to greater efficiencies, reliability, and improved margins.