Business Process Developer
Dallas , United States
Your jobSolomon, the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry, is seeking candidates for a Business Process Developer position to work in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment. This position is based in Solomon’s Dallas office. The Business Process Developer‘s responsibilities include the following:
Partner with internal and external clients throughout the entire life cycle of projects to define, design, develop and implement custom software solutions using the Decisions automation platform.
Collaborate with the client’s technical teams and business users as needed throughout the entire software development life cycle.
Convert current calculations utilizing Decisions Business Rules Engine resources.
Partner with internal and external clients throughout the entire life cycle of projects to define, design, develop, and implement custom software solutions using the Decisions automation platform.
Lead discussions with external clients to understand their business processes and technical needs.
Propose conceptual technical solutions and make changes based on the client’s feedback in an Agile environment.
Design the business process flow diagrams for programming in the Decisions Business Rules Engine.
Design, build, and launch new relational data models in production.
Build Solomon calculations in a process flow diagram methodology to be used by the Technology Team.
Test and deploy calculations flows in a secure DevOps method.
Define business processes and gather functional and technical system requirements.
Manage cloud mapping and development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or an equivalent degree
- 8+ years’ experience in business rules mapping or process flow mapping
- 3+ years’ experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Experience working with relational databases, such as Microsoft® SQL Server, MySQL®, PostgreSQL, or Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Experience developing integrations using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) such as Representational State Transfer (REST), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), and web services
- Experience with Decisions Application Business Logic development
- Knowledge of relational database design or database modeling
- SQL skills, such as joins, writing queries, creating views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; test-driven development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance
- Non-Technical Skills
- Has been successful on cross-functional teams and has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator who is comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
Solomon’s core business centers around helping clients optimize their operational performance. At Solomon, we help drive world-class performance improvement for energy-intensive assets. By combining our proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis—led by experts steeped in decades of hands-on industry experience—Solomon is well positioned to help you identify and close your operational performance gaps…leading to greater efficiencies, reliability, and improved margins.