WE OFFERHSB has an opportunity in the Richmond, VA area for a Level II Thermographer with solid experience performing infrared electrical inspections for our insureds, customers, and various Client Companies.
In this position, as an integral member of the HSB Loss Control Engineering (LCE), you will leverage your consultative skills and technical expertise to help manage the engineering relationship between HSB and clients and customers. In this position, you will:
- Work remotely and independently with a flexible schedule to meet customer/client demands
- Schedule and perform all infrared inspections assigned before the required due dates and follow any special instructions provided
- Be responsible for making your own travel arrangements (flights, rental car, hotel, etc.)
- Schedule infrared inspections and make travel arrangements to be cost effective and profitable
- Safely perform infrared electrical inspections in a professional manner following HSB’s written practices
- Perform an exit interview with site personnel so they are aware of all anomalies and issues before leaving the job site
- Generate and submit a draft infrared report within 48 hours for peer review
- Issue the finalized report to the customer or insured with 72 hours
- Make/return all calls and or emails in a professional and timely manner
- Build upon your existing equipment knowledge to develop further deep technical expertise
- Regularly interface with Client Company Loss Control personnel, our engineering staff and experts in other departments and office locations as well as on-site customer personnel
HSB is, and always has been, a technology-driven company built on a foundation of specialty insurance and engineering expertise. Now HSB is accelerating into the future, innovating and expanding into areas such as cyber, IoT and data science, and growing our specialty insurance lines to unlock new opportunities for our clients and partners. It’s an exciting time as we build on our underlying strength as a multi-line specialty insurer and provider of inspections, engineering-based risk management and IoT technology services. HSB is headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, U.S. Through our affiliates in Canada and the United Kingdom we serve businesses, industries and institutions worldwide – from "Main Street" businesses to larger operations, such as manufacturing plants - and help them to avoid losses, as well as recover promptly from losses that do occur. We offer a competitive base salary and reward performance. Our benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, a 401k plan and more.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
A Level II Certification in thermal/infrared testing is preferred. However, we are willing train a qualified Level I Certified candidate to become a Level II thermographer. An ideal candidate would be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently without supervision as well being part of a team environment. The candidate must have technical knowledge and be highly personable to be able to effectively communicate this knowledge to nontechnical personnel.
A minimum of three years of experience in performing electrical infrared inspections. Must have adequate knowledge of electrical systems and components. Must be familiar with FLIR equipment and software. Being able to work independently as well as part of a professional team is a must. Additional desirable experience includes property and casualty and specialty insurance (equipment breakdown) or engineering work.
We require excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate engineering and some financial business subject matter to both technical and non-technical audiences. Experience writing technical papers, specifications, and procedures are a plus. We also look for proven ability to work productively in diverse business and technical teams. A High School diploma is required and a college degree in Engineering is desired.
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (HSB), a part of Munich Re since 2009, provides equipment breakdown and other specialty coverages, inspection services and engineering consulting that set the standard for excellence worldwide. One of the world’s leading equipment breakdown insurers, HSB helps clients reduce risk through a unique combination of specialty coverages, engineering-based risk management strategies and loss prevention services. A.M. Best Company awarded the HSB Group of companies its highest financial rating, A++ (Superior). We look ahead, anticipate risk and leverage our knowledge and experience to develop new solutions to help our clients meet tomorrow's challenges. To see the future we see check out our LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/hsb