Loss Control Inspector Trainee - NYC
WE OFFERThe Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company is looking for Inspectors to join our Engineering Team!
Loss Control Inspectors pride themselves on having the technical knowledge and experience to provide quality inspections, engineering services and business solutions. The goal is ensuring our customers avoid losses, and recover promptly from losses that do occur on insured equipment. Our Engineering department provides a full suite of services focused on identifying risk to a wide range of customers; from small dry cleaning operations to high risk, complex accounts such as large utility plants. Services include:
• Jurisdictional inspections of boilers and pressure vessels
• Property-casualty inspections and surveys
• Risk Assessment Surveys
• Claims Investigations
• Electrical risk management surveys
This field based position is an integral part of our commitment to the quality and service we provide for our customers and to their equipment. The work is varied from day to day and is ideally suited to a self-motivated individual who can work independently. A successful inspector will have excellent communications skills and the ability to work with HSB clients and customers in a professional manor with high integrity.
The position has minimum qualifications of a high school diploma and work experience with boilers and pressure vessels or nuclear reactors. The required work experience can be reduced if you have an engineering degree.
Our entry level inspectors start with 12 weeks of intensive training to gain the necessary experience and qualifications required to perform inspection during construction, repairs or operation of in-service equipment.
Training is provided annually for all of our inspectors, which is developed and supported by our technical industry experts.
The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company has a long and respected reputation as the leader in our industry with a primary focus on workplace safety.
The base salary range anticipated for this position is $63,200-86,900, plus opportunity for company bonus based upon a percentage of eligible pay. In addition, the company makes available a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k match, retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
The salary estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for candidates hired in this position in NYC. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range.
WE EXPECTEducation and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 4 year's experience associated with the pressure equipment industry as outlined in NB-263 RCI-1 including but not limited to:
- Boiler operation exceeding 50,000 lbs. per hour
- Performance of repairs, alterations or maintenance
- NDE examiner (ASNT Level II or III)
- Inspection or maintenance of boilers or pressure vessels
- 2 year's experience associated with the pressure equipment industry as outlined in NB-263, RCI-1 and Completion of an accredited military/merchant marine training program or associated certification program (including CWI, Boiler Maker, Power Engineering, API Inspector)
- 1 year experience associated with the pressure equipment industry as outlined in NB-263, RCI-1 and Bachelor Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology, Science or Math (BSME, BSEE, or BSChe) from an accredited institution
- Planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision and adaptability
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service
- Communicates effectively (both verbally and written)
- Problem solving skills
- Computer technology skills including the Microsoft Office Suite
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (HSB), a part of Munich Re since 2009, provides equipment breakdown and other specialty coverages, inspection services and engineering consulting that set the standard for excellence worldwide. One of the world’s leading equipment breakdown insurers, HSB helps clients reduce risk through a unique combination of specialty coverages, engineering-based risk management strategies and loss prevention services. A.M. Best Company awarded the HSB Group of companies its highest financial rating, A++ (Superior). We look ahead, anticipate risk and leverage our knowledge and experience to develop new solutions to help our clients meet tomorrow's challenges. To see the future we see check out our LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/hsb