Account Engineer - Iron & Steel
Atlanta , United States
Iron & Steel – Account Engineer – Work Remote
Tour melt shops, rolling mills, smelters, foundries, and factories. Analyze the facility’s equipment and product flow. Identify possible insurance claims, and work with customers to reduce their risk potential. These will be your primary responsibilities if you become an Account Engineer (Internal Title: Risk Specialist).
In this role, you will be part of HSB’s team of experts in heavy industry, who evaluate businesses in steel, aluminum, foundries, renewable power generation, traditional power generation, mining, pulp & paper, sugar, manufacturing, glass, and similar industries.
When you aren’t visiting sites, you are working from home, supporting accounts, and writing risk evaluations for underwriters.
At HSB, our engineering teams support the insurance and advancement of equipment and technology. We evaluate and insure some of the world’s largest industrial, power, and manufacturing sites. Apply to join our growing team!
- Conduct site risk evaluations of facilities in heavy industries. Assess the facility’s process flow, machinery, and operations & maintenance practices. Identify risk factors. Use a consultative approach with the insured to reduce the potential for an insurance claim. Write a report about the location, to provide HSB and Munich Re underwriters with a clear understanding of the site.
- Write evaluations of insured accounts and potential new customers for HSB and Munich Re underwriters, by evaluating available information on multiple sites which make up the account. Apply advanced technical knowledge of equipment design, condition, operations, maintenance, and human element risk control programs to complete the evaluation.
- Determine how to improve or manage insured accounts’ risk through account engineering, additional services, and risk control engineering visits.
- 10+ years of experience in operations or maintenance in heavy industry occupancy industries, boiler inspection, or insurance engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline is preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of the machinery, operations procedures, repair timelines, and process flow of at least one heavy industry occupancy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-starter; able to work with limited supervision and manage competing priorities.
- Understanding of insurance industry and underwriting terms is a plus.
- Ability to travel, including ~50 overnight stays per year.
Benefits for this position include:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- 12% Bonus Target
- Paid Time Off
- 12 holidays, plus early closings (1/2 days)
- 401(k) match of +5%
- An additional +2% to +5% Retirement Savings Plan contribution to your 401(k)
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.