Regional Engineering Manager
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager, or perhaps you are an Engineer looking to take the next step in your career?
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Engineering Manager, to lead a team of Engineering Surveyors within a geographical area.
Reporting to the Regional Service Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that your team meets contract delivery in line with agreed customer SLA's, and to the highest of standards. This is a home based remote role, you will be required to travel to meet with team members and attend client/site visits within your geographical area.
To be successful in this role, you will be self-motivated, with the ability to motivate and engage others. This role requires regular Internal and external stakeholder management, therefore the ability communicate at all levels is an essential part of the role.
Our Regional Managers, are required to keep abreast of updates to regulations, and changes to legislation, providing key updates to their team members, empowering them to ensure work is carried out safely and in-line with industry standards.
Crewe , United Kingdom
• Develop and implement the regional operating plan designed to exceed the KPI’s and SLA’s for operations with regards to both quantitative and qualitative measures.
• Manage staff, oversee work schedules and assign specific duties to ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation, environmental and Quality policies, procedures and company policies.
• To have detailed knowledge of the legislative, contractual and operational requirements for all areas of in-service examination.
• To provide site and management support to field staff as and where necessary.
• To undertake staff reviews including appraisals, periodic competence assessments and performance management programmes and manage any issues arising from these.
• To ensure that inspections are being carried out diligently, timeously and in accordance with the QA System.
• To lead and manage customer complaints within your geographical area.
• To undertake initial response regarding any Engineer Surveyor discipline or performance issues where this falls below expectations.
• To undertake initial response regarding any Engineer Surveyor sickness or absence issues if they occur, ensuring booked examinations are reorganised and appropriate resource is provided when necessary.
• To resolve any operational problems in any of their Surveyor areas and to liaise directly with clients and Regional Services Manager when necessary.
• To carry out all examination duties in service portfolios (typically split with approx. 60 / 40 between inspection and people management duties).
• To maintain accurate records of examinations relating to the due date, plant to be examined and client contact and location. To prepare the reports and submit these to Head Office for approval and processing.
• To ensure the client’s Statutory requirements are met, where applicable in respect of the Company’s responsibilities.
• To ensure that all plant on the Contract schedule is examined in accordance with accepted codes of practice and appropriate thoroughness.
• To maintain an up to date working knowledge of technical developments and changing Engineering Standards and Approved Codes of Practice in the particular service areas.
• To employ the Company QA Systems on all service areas.
• To review and monitor resource levels within your geographic areas, ensuring adequate and appropriate cover for all examination types in discussion with the RSM and other REM’s. Working with the Talent Acquisition team throughout the recruitment process.
• To ensure that Engineer Surveyors allocation are correctly sized.
• To ensure that vehicle mileages and travel times are verified and signed off in line with the Company expenses and travel policies.
• To ensure that Health and Safety is adhered to in line with policy.
• Maintain effective working relationships across internal stakeholder groups.
• To lead on projects as required by the Regional Services Manager.
• To undertake any appropriate, additional duties delegated by the Regional Service Manager as and when necessary.
Currently holds a level 4 or above In Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Full clean UK driving licence
Ability to analyse, manage and deliver against KPI’ s
Clear understanding and working knowledge of industry protocol