Manchester , United Kingdom
HSB seeks an Authorized Inspector in UK - location is flexible
The work of our Global Inspection and Engineering Services (GIES) Authorized Inspectors is instrumental in providing on location services that verify the quality and conformance of pressure equipment when it is being manufactured, erected and/or repaired. Services include:
- Review and acceptance of Job Packages
- In-process Inspections
- Monitoring of Quality Control System
- Witnessing final Hydrostatic Test
- Review and signing of required forms
This field based position is an integral part of our commitment to the quality and service we provide for our customers and to their equipment. The work is varied from day to day and is ideally suited to a self-motivated individual who can work independently. A successful inspector will have excellent communications skills and the ability to work with HSB clients and customers in a professional manor with high integrity.
Following structured training periods as deemed necessary the individual will carry out Authorized Inspection at Code shops in accordance with the HSB Engineering Services Manual, perform Third Party Inspections in accordance with customer specifications, conduct PED Inspections in accordance with HSB PED QA System. Identify potential customers, conduct marketing and sales visits in order to grow the business in the defined locality. The individual will operate with minimal supervision, exercising independent judgement in assuring product compliance. Travel and work in other regions would also be expected from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The individual will be a qualified ASME Authorized.
Inspector or will be trained and qualified accordingly.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or better
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience operating, maintaining, or inspecting boilers and pressure vessels
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of using remote databases
- Strong English oral and written communication skills-ability to communicate to both business and technical experts within all levels of internal and external organizations. A second language would be beneficial
- Must be customer focused and have a diplomatic manner
- Must possess a high level of initiative, self-motivation, work independently and yet be team focused
- Have the ability to decipher and implement the various Engineering Standards and HSB working Quality Systems and practices
- Dedicated to meeting customer needs
- Dedicated to business growth
- The ability to work in a stressful, rapidly changing environment
- ASME & NBIC Code knowledge and the ability to meet RCI-1 Requirements to qualify for AI/RI examinations and Commission qualifications
- National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors Commission, with “A” Endorsement
- Designation as Authorized Inspector by Manager, Code Services
- Must hold a valid driving license for the stated ‘Location’
- The person in this position needs to routinely move about (including ascending/descending) a site facility, remote location, etc. while performing visual inspections of ASME/NB boilers and pressure vessels, review NDE reports and calculations.
- Consistently works in outside weather conditions that may be in frigid or hot temperatures.
- May need to lift own body weight with associated safety equipment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
Some of HSB’s customers require our personnel to have a security clearance in order to enter their facilities. As such, candidates for this position must be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Because this position may require routine travel among multiple customer locations, the successful candidate may be assigned a company vehicle or may have the option to use their personal vehicle for company business. As such, the successful candidate must have an acceptable driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer. HSB draws no distinction on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability protected veteran status or any other segregation basis.
The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.