Head of Pricing HSB
Hartford , United States
As the Head of Pricing at HSB you will be responsible for leading the pricing practice for the HSB Global Group (U.S., Canada, and U.K), including (but not limited to): 1) design, development and implementation of practical/scalable pricing solutions for all insurance products; 2) delivery of key initiatives aligned with the Company’s profit and growth goals; 3) communication and monitoring of pricing objectives; 4) driving a “sold-to-benchmark discipline. Shares accountability for HSB’s global underwriting results with Business Units and Global Product Owner unit. Works proactively across the organization to ensure timely end-to-end price delivery; from helping to define the business need through implementation of platforms required to drive efficient operations as well as client implementations. Takes a forward-looking approach and brings pricing/profit issues to the business on a regular basis. Acts as a key leader of the HSB Global Corporate Underwriting senior team and by extension HSB’s senior leadership team. Collaborates with pricing leads across Munich Re’s Global Specialty Insurance group and Munich Re broadly.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related fields equivalent work experience in the fields of finance, data science, or actuarial science
- At least 10 years’ experience doing pricing or similar analytic work, to include work in the insurance or reinsurance industries across different lines of business
- A history of success in positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated experience leading intact and cross-functional teams
- Strong preference for a designated Associate or Fellow actuary or equivalent proven experience running a pricing function
Knowledge and Skills:
- In depth knowledge of actuarial models, standard actuarial and analytic techniques particularly around pricing in the personal and commercial lines markets.
- Ability to translate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and drive innovative solutions throughout an organization.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create broad enrollment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of client and market dynamics, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of primary and non-traditional reinsurance/alternative market.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills, to include prioritizing and bringing about decisions.
- Ability to train others and pass on expertise.
- Entrepreneurial and visionary spirit.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite and actuarial modeling software used for reserving, ratemaking, pricing, modeling stochastic distributions or data analysis (as appropriate).
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.