Hartford , United States
Provide technical support to internal and external customers in the areas of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel codes and related standards with minimal supervision. In addition, represent the Company as a Code expert at Conferences and in meetings with clients. Also support fee-based activities such as design reviews, external training, audits, etc.
• BS in Mechanical, Welding, Metallurgy or Civil Engineering Desired: MS in Mechanical, Welding, Metallurgy or Civil Engineering
• 15+ years’ work experience in an engineering capacity, including 10 years directly related to pressure equipment constructed to ASME B&PV Code or other related standards (design, welding, NDE)
• At least 5 years in the position of Engineer II within Codes and Standards
• Registered Professional Engineer license in one or more states or provinces of Canada is desired
• National Board Commission is desired
• Working experience with ASME Sections I, II, V, VIII and IX
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to prepare clear, concise and informative written communications
• Excellent customer service skills demonstrated by listening, taking ownership, following up and providing positive customer interaction
• Strong presentation skills
• Advanced skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, MathCad and COMPRESS software
• Ability to handle multiple tasks of a more complex nature without interrupting normal work processes or impacting quality of results
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.