VP Strategic Insurance Solutions
Hartford , United States
Accountable for bringing technology-based insurance solutions to market, resulting in increased revenue opportunities for HSB. Collaborate with executive leadership to establish and direct vision for technology solutions that support HSB’s insurance practice. Oversee the integration of technology solutions into HSB’s reinsured client partnerships. Establish profit-generating business models that support the implementation of technology programs by client partners, and motivates the adoption and activation of technology by home and business owners.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience including some combination of insurance, technical / IoT experience, delivering across the full product lifecycle, driving prioritization, business development, underwriting, management and/or specific strategic planning.
- Proven experience in delivering one or more V1 customer-facing products preferred
- Prior work experience in delivering technology to insurance strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven success setting and executing strategic level objectives.
- Leadership skills and experience working with and influencing internal and external executive management.
- Working knowledge of insurance market innovation and IoT related technology
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff to promote collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to think strategically and function tactically
- Excellent interpersonal skills which can be deployed at any level of an organization, including creativity, adaptability and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate across diverse teams including engineering, marketing, operations, business development, legal, and customer success
- Experience in gathering voice of customer and developing customer personas
- Proactive, self-starter with strong ownership mentality and a desire to get things done
- Relentless passion for solving customer problems through innovation and a penchant to roll-up-your-sleeves
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, lead, and manage and multi-task a variety of projects from start to finish.
- Consultative Selling skills
- Presentation skills
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.