Head of Client Operations & Process Improvement
Hartford , United States
Leads the approach involving offering effective, knowledge-driven solutions to enhance operational efficiency for clients, utilizing a two-pronged distribution model: Bespoke and Streamlined business. Leads, creates, and develops long and short-term tactical and strategic, plans for Client Operations team. Maintains and establishes current/new relationships with Client Companies. Directs the Client Operations Management team to successfully launch product and service implementations with Client Companies. Implements other initiatives that support product launching and branding strategies to drive HSB's value proposition in the marketplace by working with other HSB Business units. Partners with Client Management and Underwriting to continually grow the department with a focus on Operations, Project and Change Management. Investigates training needs for staff development and identifies critical resources to help facilitate knowledge transfer. Leads and supports direct reports to continue to grow and give feedback/coaching/development opportunities.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in the insurance industry is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with workflow documentation.
- Business process blueprinting.
- Synergy development and analysis.
- Operational optimization.
Knowledge and Skills
- Embodies leadership and possesses a keen strategic mindset.
- Strong Project management & Change management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think out new solutions (“outside of the box”)
- Strong willingness and ambition to drive process change; ability to challenge authority and speak up.
- Strong project & stakeholder management capabilities: good interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills for interactions with management and operational team.
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- Passionate about technology and with an interest in disrupting the future with digital solutions.
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.