Princeton , United States
Your job*Preferred location for this role is Princeton, NJ or New York, NY.
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Job Description: Cofounder (Product Focus)
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, the Incubator offers the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
We’re looking for a passionate entrepreneur / intrapreneur with a focus on emerging technology and new product development for a net new business to join an existing venture team in Munich Re US Incubator’s Resilience Domain. Cofounders of more advanced Ventures are responsible for co-leading a specific Venture team and launching a new business to accelerate our enterprise growth initiatives. Cofounders use entrepreneurial skills and an experimental mindset, to get to the commercial truth to build new ventures. You can expect a test and learn environment, with rapid experimentation to validate or invalidate assumptions.
This will be a high profile, high impact opportunity that’s exciting and professionally rewarding.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Big thinkers, with a passion for building something new
- Self-starters, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Driven by results to build commercially viable ventures
- Passionate about the user/customer needs
- Experienced in creating and executing a vision and gaining senior leadership buy-in
- Inquisitive and curious, excited about testing out new ideas and concepts using a rigorous, test and learn approach
- Able to lead through influence and drive business results in an environment with competing priorities
- Able to drive progress over perfection but with calculated risk taking
- Analytical thinkers, with the ability to synthesize and simplify complex information to drive progress
- Highly adaptable to new methods and ways of working, highly collaborative putting team results over personal gain
- Able to negotiate organizational bureaucracy, challenging the status quo to drive speed to learning
- Passionate about role modeling the entrepreneurial mindset and approach
- Share responsibility with other co-founder(s) to oversee extended team of more than 20+ with about 8-10 direct reports.
- Lead the venture’s product strategy and execution of technology and software development efforts
- Collaborate with co-creation customers and Munich Re SME’s to define the venture service offering and direct the product strategy to reach product/market fit with SaaS solution.
- Oversee and drive product development efforts including oversight of product roadmap, and coordination of design and development partners.
- Oversee building a software solution backed by data and science that forecasts the impact of climate change for Real Estate Asset Managers.
- Leverage startup methodologies to unearth deep consumer insights
- Utilize best practices in ethnography, research, prototyping, and experimentation
- Continuously synthesize learnings to determine and collaborate on the path forward
- Use contemporary market sizing and business modeling techniques to effectively determine the market opportunity
- Be a champion for the innovation process and clearly and effectively role model entrepreneurial behaviors
- Report to key MunichRe stakeholders on progress and hurdles of the venture’s growth
- Support the development of strategies to create a scalable business
The successful candidate will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- 8+ years of experience in new product development and/or digital transformation with emphasis on SaaS products / services and/or relevant experience in related field (ie. architecture, real-estate, fintech, insurtech, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree required in design management, product design, software engineering and/or related field (ie. architecture, real-estate, insurance etc.)
- Experience with new product development, digital product design, software engineering, agile software development, API integration, data workflow, digital dashboards and/or data analytics
- Experience developing and launching net new software products / SaaS service into market, including coordination of product development with other go-to-market and launch activities.
- Experience working within and/or managing a team of digital designers, software developers, customer insights, software testing and/or ongoing software maintenance
- Knowledge of climate impact and mitigation measures associated with real-estate investments would be a big plus, but not required
- Proven track record of taking an idea to market: synthesizing disparate views/insights/data, creating a cohesive narrative, plan and outcome
- Prior success leading teams through consumer experiments, including customer discovery, in-market testing, and product/market fit
- Proven success in breaking down complex problems into hypotheses, developing clear plans for validation, using data to refine concepts
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills across all levels of senior management, including the executive levels.
- Able to translate technical/entrepreneurial jargon making it actionable & clear
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation, totally comfortable operating in ambiguous and unregimented environments
- Highly motivated and action-oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.