IT Risk Officer
Cincinnati , United States
Your jobMunich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead. We are looking for an IT Security Officer to be responsible for information security management in a number of defined offices and/or departments, which may or may not fall into the same geographic environment. The position reports to the Head of Section, Information Technology Security Office (ITSO). The ITSO is primarily responsible for directing and managing security levels, ensuring necessary business engagement and interaction with relevant management level target groups, as well as coordinating and consultative activities.
As IT Security Officer, responsibilities will include:
- Strategic direction of security levels as defined by the Global Head of ITRS.
- Discussing key risks with business management and translating their needs to other ITRS towers and stakeholders
- Represent the Business Unit as it relates to strategic direction and proper support for ITRS Services.
- Interface with Business Risk Managers to support the ITRS initiatives as the first line of defense representative.
- Consult with Integrated Risk Management (IRM) to participate in policy and guideline development to further the maturity of the IDP processes and integration with related processes including IT project management, Information Risk Management, and Procurement.
- Provide IDP consulting & support in cooperation with IRM and other IT areas.
- Review of IDP business needs and provide recommendations to enhance efficiency or consolidation of the business processes.
- Discuss IDP risks with the business and translate to defined standard use cases for IDPs.
- Define IDP technical controls necessary and required for level of IDP protection needs.
- Support the with business to evaluate and identify appropriate IDP controls.
- Review Service Level of Service Provider.
- Review reports of IDP landscape and work with Business to remediate gaps.
- Provide input to IRM for Training requirements for IDP processes.
- Ensure efficient flow of relevant information to the Global Head of ITSO and other stakeholders.
- Support commitment to information security from key stakeholders as outlined by Global Head of ITRS.
- Ensure involvement in activities and decisions regarding security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to all IT Security Policies
- Ensure adequate organizational and procedural setup to support the ITRS vision and mission.
- Foster and contribute to global and cross collaboration among ITSOs.
- Initiate training where necessary and contribute to planning and execution of awareness activities.
- Ensure for the initiation and support the Security Review / Compliance Gate process.
- Ensure the initiation and support of Risk Assessments and audit gap closure.
Your profileQualified candidates will possess the following:
- Technical degree (preferably in IT) or an IT expert with outstanding knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Very good knowledge of complex IT organizations and experience with security-relevant topics, security technologies and a related knowledge of the market.
- Good knowledge of security standards (e.g. ISO 2700x, ISF’s SoGP, NIST) and other frameworks.
- Practical experience in performing formal risk assessments.
- Active and effective communicator with peers and senior management at board level.
- International experience from working on global and large projects.
- Basic knowledge of laws applicable in offices in the area of responsibility.
- Basic project management experience.
- Customer orientation, strong negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Initiative, creativity and an open mind for innovation.
- Strong planning, organizational and presentation skills.
- Highly result oriented and structured.
- Very good command of Business English, both spoken and written.
- Willingness to travel (when that becomes possible).
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.