Service Manager: Support Incident Manager
Hartford , United States
Your jobService Manager: Support Incident Manager
IT Service Delivery
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
We are looking for a IT Service Manager in our IT Service Delivery team.
As Service Manager for Support Incident Manager, you will be a member of the Global IT Support sub-tower. As part of Global Support, this position works closely with other Service Managers and is responsible for the development and monitoring of operating level agreements (OLAs) between Global IT Support and Tier 2+ assignment group/queue owners. It is a global position that helps identify trends (i.e., ticket aging and hygiene, etc.), monitor service quality, document solutions, recommend improvement opportunities and help shape the future of IT support operations.
- Integral member of a global team with common processes and goals; works closely with level 1, 2 and 3 Service and Assignment Group managers.
- Define, develop, negotiate and standardize operating level agreements (OLAs) between the Support unit (Level 0, 1 and 1.5) and other IT units/queue owners (both internal groups and external providers). Incorporate business requirements (i.e., scope of service, timeliness) in the agreements, and capture relevant details in supporting systems (i.e., knowledge base, routing).
- Monitor operations and assist with incident lifecycle management; produce and review reports, deliver relevant ITSM training and proactively advise operational groups when OLAs are at risk.
- Reliable tracking of delivery issues and identification of mitigating actions across all IT Units. Actively drives resolution in collaboration with stakeholders on a global level.
- Collaborates with the Major Incident Managers, Service Desk and Service Managers/Owners to identify and classify incidents; may lead triage teams to address non-Major issues or investigate root cause
- Identify and address opportunities to increase end user satisfaction; provide input into the continuous improvement programs across all groups.
- Works with service and product owners to shift work left (to cost efficient channels and resources, including self-service). May assist with documenting processes, escalations and decision trees.
- Follows and supports corporate, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) standards. Establish continuous process improvement cycles where processes, roles, responsibilities and supporting technology is reviewed and enhanced where applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. Backs up Support Service Managers, Escalation and Knowledge specialists as needed. May include special projects requiring project management skills. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and potential impact on the support industry.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business information management or equivalent qualification.
- Five years of relevant professional experience in Incident Management with a solid overview of current IT architecture, infrastructure and business critical applications desired
- Practical experience developing and monitoring operating level agreements
- Experience managing external service providers with IT infrastructure experience
- ITIL knowledge; certification desired
- Customer focused with demonstrated customer service skills include a professional and positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (including written in English)
- Practical project management experience; strong planning, coordination and globally experienced organizational skills; able to lead an ad-hoc team (team and relationship building);
- Expertise with reporting tools (e.g., Excel)
- Highly motivated; focus on personal development and enablement with cultural awareness
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.