IT Operations Specialist: Support - Escalations & Knowledge Management
Hartford , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
We are looking for a IT Operations Specialist in our IT Service Delivery team.
As IT Operations Specialist, you will work closely with the Service Managers to focus on quick, effective resolution of complaints and service process issues. You will also be responsible for IT’s knowledge assets and is integral in the connection between IT support groups and end users. This global position helps identify trends, monitor service quality, document solutions, recommend improvement opportunities and help shape the future of IT support operations.
- Integral member of a global team with common processes and goals; works closely with the Service Desk and Onsite Support Service Managers.
- Quick, effective resolution to end user escalations, complaints and service process issues; focused on non-Major and single user issues; point of contact for IT contacts, IT coordinators, IT management and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Major Incident Managers, Service Desk and Service Managers/Owners to identify and rate incidents; may lead triage teams to address non-Major issues or investigate root cause
- Reliable tracking of delivery issues and identification of mitigating actions across all IT Units. Actively drives resolution in collaboration with stakeholders on a global level.
- Monitor customer experiences and drive incremental improvements; may investigate end user complaints and negative feedback including from the Customer Satisfaction survey process
- Identify and address opportunities to increase end user satisfaction; may provide input into the continuous improvement programs across all groups.
- Assist with Incident processing when responsibilities that are not clear or services cross providers; may assist with incident lifecycle management.
- Drive quality improvements within support operations by randomly auditing cases and analyzing feedback relevant to Support operations; includes producing and reviewing reports.
- Work closely with all major project and product teams to ensure the required changes and updates are documented in the ITSM knowledgebase and assist with the set-up of the relevant support processes.
- Ensure knowledge is actionable, consumable and ‘real-time’ (available when needed); audience ranges from self-service to Service Desk to enabling other support areas to capture their knowledge; helps retain ownership of knowledge within Munich Re.
- Review, create and update knowledge as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance of the ITSM tool routing data, e.g., products (CIs), assignment groups and routing information.
- Work with service owners to shift work left (to less expensive channels and resources, including self-service). May assist with documenting processes, escalations and decision trees.
- Facilitate IT’s adoption of the knowledge-centered service (KCS) process by providing coaching, reporting and feedback loops.
- Follow and support corporate, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) standards.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Three years’ work experience, preferably at Munich Re (or equivalent corporate environment) with a solid overview of current IT architecture, infrastructure and business critical applications desired
- Customer focused with demonstrated customer service skills include a professional and positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (including written in English)
- Can work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to lead an ad-hoc team (team and relationship building)
- Functional knowledge of computer technologies
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Appropriate sense of urgency with a demonstrated ability to deliver
- Punctuality and effective time management skills
- Exhibits exceptional competency in skills / knowledge of processes supported (leads by example)Expertise with reporting tools (e.g., Excel)
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.