IT Delivery Manager - HSB
Hartford , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
We are looking for a IT Delivery Manager in our IT Service Delivery team.
As IT Delivery Manager, you will serve as the face of IT Service Delivery to the business and voice of the business/end users back to IT Service Delivery. This is an internal end user facing role that oversees several key service delivery functions to ensure delivery of high-quality support services to our end users. The IT Delivery Manager must possess exceptional communication skills and be able to maintain strong relationships with business and IT stakeholders at all levels and must be able to manage expectations in support of My IT Support standards, including agreed SLA’s, OLA’s, XLA’s and project objectives.
- Ensure that My IT Support service performance for HSB consistently meets or exceeds agreed service levels (SLA’s), OLA’s, and user experience levels.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for HSB business escalations related to IT Service Delivery, and engage with all relevant IT Service Delivery teams as required for resolution
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters, active promotion of IT offerings and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
- Champion for local office with respect to Service Delivery projects, including understanding local business entity impact and ensuring service impact is minimized and understood
- Drive monthly Support service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and project impact
- Identify and proactively make recommendations for service improvement; ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Provide guidance and advice in terms of IT Service Delivery processes and available technology
- Interact with IT Service Delivery teams to evolve IT standards and end user experience
- Act as a key contributor to IT quarterly service reviews, service contracts (SDO) and budget planning
- Manage local processes (I.e., starters, leavers and movers) and coordinate appropriate internal peer groups and external third-party suppliers
Your profile*Qualifications : Successful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business information management or equivalent qualification.
- Five years of relevant professional experience in IT Service Management with strong IT service delivery background
- ITIL certified (preferred)
- Project Management (preferred)
- A passion for driving service improvement and exceptional end-user experience
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Exceptional relationship management (virtual and onsite) and communication skills (written and verbal) at all levels (c-suite to front line end-users)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Experience interfacing with 3rd parties and outsourced managed service providers
- Knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Deep understanding of operational impacts from business and IT change
- High proficiency in handling conflicts and escalations
- Proven experience leading virtual teams
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including working outside of normal business hours to support global team needs
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.