Amelia , United States
Your jobBe a part of a dynamic, global team! As part of the North America Audit Hub you provide audit services to Munich Re’s North America entities to assist Senior management in the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives. As a trusted advisor, the Internal Auditor builds effective relationships while providing independent value-added internal audit services necessary to provide reasonable assurance regarding the effectiveness of governance, compliance, risk management, and internal controls systems. The Internal Auditor participates as a lead staff on engagement teams that conduct independent assessments of Munich Re’s internal control environment through the execution of risk analysis, control evaluation, and audit testing procedures and techniques.
Individuals in the Internal Auditor role participate in the execution of audit engagements from audit planning activities through completion of the engagement. Depending on experience Individuals in the Internal Auditor role demonstrate the ability to independently apply audit methodology to all phases of the audit life cycle from planning to reporting, including understanding business operations, scoping the audit, identifying risks and controls, designing and executing testing with minimal oversight and assisting with the writing of audit reports.
• Contributes to or depending on experience independently conducts thorough risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development. Independently concludes on the effectiveness of controls. Identifies control gaps and exceptions from expected control activities and independently evaluates the potential impact. Demonstrates the ability to multi-task, by clearly documenting the results of work on more than one audit concurrently.
• Executes and completes assigned audit work in accordance with agreed upon milestones and dates.
• Demonstrates technical knowledge of routine business processes and continues development of technical and analytical skills to understand more complex business processes. Independently or with guidance from project lead interprets the associated risks, develops testing approaches, and proposes solutions.
• Effectively communicates control weaknesses and control gaps to operational management. Makes sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
• Contributes to continuous improvement (CI) efforts. Participates in efforts to solve problems and make audit processes more effective and efficient.
• Demonstrates an understanding of data analysis concepts and procedures. Effectively conducts data analysis to facilitate audit scoping and testing.
• Aware of changes in Internal Audit practices, regulatory requirements, and Risk frameworks to understand their impact to Internal Auditing and Munich Re. (e.g. COSO, IFRS, GAAP).
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- One to three plus years of Internal Audit or relevant business experience with a focus on business process operations. Basic to intermediate knowledge of internal audit practices, and financial and operational process documentation. Demonstrated ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively participate or execute large portions of an audit independently, analyze and solve complex problems, conduct research, and express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates a strong understanding of business ethics. Insurance Industry / life insurance is a plus.
- A familiarity with ACL software (Audit Command Language) or other data analytics tool is desired.
- Progress towards completing the CIA or CPA exam is preferred. The completion of other insurance or audit related certifications is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.