Data Business Partner - NA Data Hunting
Princeton , United States
Your jobJob Description
Data Hunting is the key partner for services around data. We are providing Business and Central Units with high quality data and invest in the creation of data assets. At the exciting forefront of the digital transformation and the rapidly growing importance of data, we aim to both improve our insurance/reinsurance business and develop new solutions and services. Against the backdrop of these dynamic developments it is paramount that we develop and constantly adjust an effective data strategy for Munich Re.
The Global Data Hunting team is based out of Munich and North America and works with partners across the globe. The team closely liaises and jointly drives projects with business units, central functions, and innovation teams. We are seeking a Data Business Partner to join our team. This position will be responsible for understanding the objectives and needs of business units, ideating and collaborating to identify and develop data-based use cases, and leading projects which provide relevant data to the business units. The role will also lead the successful marketing and demonstration of use cases and share knowledge gained from these engagements throughout the Munich Re Group. Through this work you will develop an in-depth understanding of the business models of the Munich Re companies and how data is being used to enable new solutions in (re)insurance and beyond. As the scope is broad and the business environment is dynamic, we are seeking someone with a strong technical and business background and with the creativity, drive, and dedication to initiate and execute new solutions.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and implement new data products and solutions over the entire life cycle from idea to deployment, coordinating resources across multiple areas of Munich Re
- Contribute to / lead the development of Munich Re data assets in defined areas
- Prioritize and lead multiple projects which provide relevant data to business areas including managing internal and external stakeholders and providing guidance to data researchers and analysts
- Engage closely and drive relationships with the business units and innovation teams to understand their objectives and data needs, develop promising data-based use cases and identify internal and external data sources
- Contribute to / lead the ongoing development of a strategic data topic as part of an internal team focusing on a type of data of strategic importance to Munich Re’s business (e.g. buildings, companies, etc.).
- Negotiate agreements with data providers
- Support business units in discussions with their clients and partners with regard to data availability and joint projects around data access
- Actively market new data solutions to relevant stakeholders and drive transparency regarding existing and potentially available data across Munich Re
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Your profileQualifications / Job Requirements:
- Passion for data combined with customer-centric mindset
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in primary/reinsurance (e.g. underwriting, actuarial/analytics, claims) preferably in multiple areas/disciplines.
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society or equivalent, CFA Charter holder, or advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Risk Management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with 5+ years of hands-on experience working with data
- Knowledge of standard actuarial / data science models and techniques and common applications.
- Experience managing projects or teams to achieve dynamic objectives with a proven track record of success
- Experience with product management and/or developing data-based solutions for clients (internal or external)
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships (internally and externally)
- Drive and dedication, as well as creativity and hands-on attitude to initiate and execute use cases
- Curiosity in searching for new solutions outside of traditional approaches
- Tech savviness and a willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies and keep abreast of new and emerging technologies
- Experience with a tool (or multiple tools) to structure and use data such as SQL, PowerBI, Excel, R, Python
- Excellent ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical communities to ensure data uses and limitations are well understood and will provide substantive business value
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.