Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This position is a member of the Corporate Reserving department and will be placed either on the Reserve Analysis and Special Liabilities Team or the Strategic Analysis and Reporting Team. This position will be responsible for research and analyses associated with an assigned line of business spanning primary insurance, reinsurance quota share, and reinsurance excess of loss coverages. This position will also be the Corporate Reserving Liaison to a specific Business Unit. Acting in a consulting capacity, the liaison ensures that Corporate Reserving analyses adjust to any critical strategic shifts within their portfolio and provides them with top quality advice, insights, and recommendations. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and primary ratemaking or reserving (re)insurance experience for a variety of coverages and contract structures.
Major responsibilities include:
- Complete actuarial analyses appropriate for the functional area. May include ultimate loss projections, portfolio analysis, research projects. Lead projects/analyses requiring multiple resources including those who are not direct reports.
- Participate and create actuarial presentations and present results/topics to clients (internal & external) and management.
- Direct the modification and enhancement of existing applications to address special issues. Coordinate and help focus and prioritize the use of actuarial resources for tasks that are assigned.
- Direct the completion of required data preparation, including data input. Identify data & operational issues requiring specialized actuarial attention and take action to address them.
- Document and communicate assumptions, technical issues, results and alternatives to actuarial staff and internal and external clients.
- Participate in developing new methodologies, products and procedures.
- Peer review actuarial work and provide constructive feedback.
- Participate in the training of others (underwriters, client managers, risk analysts, accountants and actuaries) regarding actuarial analyses and methodologies.
- Manage the work for those who are not direct reports including other actuaries, programmers and support staff, as needed.
- Prepare for and pass Actuarial Exams.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or related field requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis. Master’s degree preferred.
- Membership in the Casualty Actuarial Society and membership in the American Academy of Actuaries. The equivalent credentials for international candidates will be considered.
- Six or more years of (re)insurance/actuarial experience.
- In-depth knowledge of actuarial models, standard techniques and the most efficient and effective methods appropriate for the functional area. Strong technical actuarial skills.
- Proficient computers skills in MS Office Suite and actuarial modeling software used for reserving, ratemaking, pricing, modeling stochastic distributions or data analysis (as appropriate).
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with internal & external clients.
- Good time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage conflicting priorities, complete multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong knowledge of (re)insurance & products, financial metrics used in insurance and industry data sources.
- Command of basic actuarial concepts; solid grasp of applicable advanced actuarial concepts.
- Good project management skills including the ability to coordinate and direct resources outside department.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.