Hartford , United States
Your jobWe are looking for a Technical Architect with Integration / Cloud expertise. The Technical Architect is accountable for proactively leading Application Development / Enterprise Integration driven technology transformation activities and driving targeted business outcomes. The Technical Architect supports initiatives and harmonization efforts transforming Enterprise Integration driven local legacy processes/systems into central and group wide platforms.
Technical architects provide the technical leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the transformation of business Integration / Cloud capabilities and corresponding application portfolio / tech stack. They create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (transformation roadmaps and standards, guidelines) across the enterprise, in order to enable business strategy and successfully deliver projects.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Architecture & Design Services, the Technical Architect will ensure that Enterprise Integration Architecture vision and standards are executed through a common framework and continuous adoption of cloud based enterprise platforms, governance related to the organization’s core services.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who will help advance the directives of the organization around simplification, and modernization of our technology stacks by providing architectural leadership in the implementation of our enterprise integration core component and its associated data strategy.
- Support upcoming finance initiatives, participate in RfPs and/or PoCs, maintain collaboration channels with internal customers on finance topics in different entities as well as working closely together with the Senior EA Finance architect and all other EA team members.
- Drive standardization of Enterprise Integration & Application Development technology standards, guidelines and principles across different entities
- Draft technical standards for technologies such as Integration capabilities
- Build enterprise integration centric initiatives and offerings and help technical challenges as client transition from traditional data patterns to new generation data & analytics architecture or cloud based integrations
- Evangelize and be an ambassador of Integration Architecture vision and standards like Message Based Integration, Platform Integration, Enterprise Service Bus concepts, Security Integration concepts
- Collaborate with the Business Solutions team and other Technology Architects and support Enterprise Integration Architects on various projects and implementations
- Identify technology related customer pain points by mapping existing technologies to business capabilities, utilize EA established standard practices and participate in R&D activities to identify and create strategies to alleviate these pain points
- Enable IT development and infrastructure teams to make smart choices through technology strategies, frameworks, standards and by working with technical & solution architecture teams.
- Identify technical risk and vulnerabilities in the IT environment that will delay impending projects or lead to post release defects
- Reduce costs by defining standards and reusable patterns
- Support Head of Technical Architecture on development of a multi-year Roadmap based on Munich Re Target Architecture and Roadmap Development Process.
- Work with peers (e.g., enterprise, business, solutions architects) to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints to derive the technology architecture future state.
- Define migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with Business Solutions and Business Technologies Architects.
- Assist with designing the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures) and financial impact of the application portfolio and enterprise technology stack.
Your profileYour Profile:
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Architecture and a Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Prior hands on experience working with technologies like Azure Data Services, Amazon Data Services, B2C platforms, PaaS and SaaS
- Experience working with concepts like Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Service Bus, Hybrid Cloud Integration, Modern security concepts, process automation, Enterprise Data Integration, Application Development standards, Application Development, Solution Performance and Scalability
- Experience working with concepts Message based integration, Web UI development frameworks, 3 tier architecture concepts.
- Experience working with enterprise architecture concepts including, Patterns, Roadmaps, Architecture Review Board, Solution Design Board.
- Expertise in defining Enterprise Integration roadmaps, integration patterns, cloud based services
- Hands on experience with Hybrid Cloud solutions (Azure and / or AWS) will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience with integration of operational data with data lake.
- Good understanding of Data Integration challenges and potentials solutions.
- Experience with statistical programming languages including, phyton, R.
- Solid business knowledge and advanced knowledge of financial systems, corporate services systems, back office systems, data management & warehousing and business intelligence & AI technology and industry products and processes
- Prior technical experience as a Lead Developer OR Technical Data Architect will be considered a strong asset
- Strong problem solving skills, unquestioned integrity as well as team work, collaboration and relationship management capabilities
- A great sense of passion towards innovation, continuous improvement, growth and change management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- A high sense of ownership and accountability as well as immense pride in your work
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.