Senior Internal Auditor
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe are open to this position being located in Hartford, CT, Stamford, CT and MA; NJ / Philadelphia, PA Metro Area; Columbus / Cincinnati, OH Area.
Currently working remotely and flexibility to work remotely during normal office operations.
Be a part of a dynamic, global team! Munich Re’s North American Audit Hub (NAAH) is part of Munich Re’s Global Audit Function responsible for providing audit services to Munich Re’s Canadian and US based business entities. As part of the NAAH, you provide audit services to assist Senior Management in the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
As a trusted advisor, the Senior Internal Auditor:
- Builds effective relationships while providing independent value-added internal audit services to various US and Canadian based Munich Re’s business entities.
- Provides reasonable assurance regarding the effectiveness of governance, compliance, risk management, and internal controls systems.
- Independently or through leading engagement teams, conducts independent assessments of Munich Re’s internal control operational environment (e.g., insurance and reinsurance underwriting, claims, pricing and reserving, finance and accounting, legal and compliance, corporate functions) through the execution of risk analysis, control evaluation, and innovative and agile audit testing procedures and techniques.
- Strong understanding of the insurance industry and proficiency in audit methodology and practices, especially P&C insurance and reinsurance Underwriting, MGA/Program business, and related operations.
- Independently or through guiding assigned audit staff, conduct risk analysis, control identification, develops testing approaches, and identify concerns / proposes solutions. Can conclude on the effectiveness of controls through the review of work completed by others and effectively coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Demonstrates and applies a thorough understanding of project management skills ensuring audits meet department minimum requirements. Demonstrates the ability to multi-task, by in-charging and/or performing testing on more than one audit concurrently.
- Great communication skills and the ability to communicate audit concerns both written and verbally (e.g. control weaknesses and control gaps) to a variety of stakeholders including operational and executive management. Makes sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in data analysis concepts and practices. Effectively uses data analysis software to facilitate audit scoping and testing.
- Keeps abreast of changes in Internal Audit practices, regulatory requirements, and risk frameworks to understand their impact to Internal Auditing and Munich Re. (e.g. COSO, IFRS, GAAP). Proposes audit updates based on these changes.
- In-depth knowledge of internal audit practices, with a focus on P&C insurance and reinsurance industry operations, and the ability to evaluate internal controls as typically acquired through 5 plus years of audit or relevant business experience.
- A candidate with advanced / expert knowledge of insurance industry operations including primary and reinsurance from 5 plus years working in a core insurance function (Underwriting / Actuarial / Claims, Risk Management etc.) with a strong understanding of internal controls is highly preferred.
- Willingness to learn and previous understanding of insurance functions platforms and related systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science, Data Science or other business-related degree). Master’s Degree a plus.
- CIA or CPA or similar designation is preferred for those with an auditing background. The completion of other insurance or professional related certifications (CPCU, ARe) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and strategic negotiation skills, including Senior Management, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must have effective analytical, problem solving, and research skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools, such as ACL (Audit Command Language), is a plus. Experience with data gathering, financial analytics, and trend identification, preferred.
- Domestic travel expected.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.