Actuarial Analyst Sr.
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This position is a member of the Corporate Reserving department and will be on the Strategic Analysis and Reporting Team. This position will be responsible for research and analyses associated with an assigned line of business spanning primary insurance, reinsurance quota share, and reinsurance excess of loss coverages. The successful candidate will have primary ratemaking or reserving (re)insurance experience for a variety of coverages and contract structures.
Major responsibilities include:
- Prepare and complete actuarial analysis with minimal supervision or guidance appropriate for the functional area. May include rate filings, ultimate loss projections, pricing studies, risk capital modeling, portfolio analysis, research projects.
- Participate in the development of actuarial presentations and present results/topics to clients (internal & external) and management as requested
- Create new, modify & enhance existing applications to address special issues, with limited guidance.
- Complete and/or direct the completion of required data preparation, including data input, under general direction. Identify data & operational issues requiring specialized actuarial attention.
- Document and communicate assumptions, results and alternatives to actuarial staff and internal and external clients.
- Coordinate the development of new methodologies/products/procedures with minimal guidance.
- Peer review technical actuarial work and provide constructive feedback as needed. Coach less experienced employees as needed.
- Prepare for and pass Actuarial Exams
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or related field requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis.
- Two or more years of (re)insurance/actuarial experience or successful completion of the MR Graduate Trainee Program.
- Passed at least three (3) actuarial exams; Master’s Degree in relevant area of study can be substituted for one exam.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of actuarial models. Including a good understanding of the actuarial concepts and techniques underlying the models. Strong technical actuarial skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite applications. Apply more advanced and innovative techniques in worksheets and other applications as appropriate for functional area.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to schedule and prioritize workload demands, including multi-tasking.
- Maintain a good knowledge of sources of industry information, relevant to the completion of the required analyses.
- Maintain and enhance a good understanding of actuarial concepts.
- Able to manage and coordinate own projects using multiple resources.
- Knowledge of insurance company processes and functions. Ability to develop relationships in the organization.
- Ability to apply judgment and problem solving skills to address complex significant issues
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.