Reinsurance Accounting Analyst
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Reinsurance Accounting (RIA) Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of client company contract, premium and loss related information into the Company’s reinsurance accounting systems. Requires the ability to work with and manipulate client reported data received in various levels of detail and formats.
As Reinsurance Accounting (RIA) Analyst, you will:
- Record client account statements in a timely and accurate manner
- Investigate and resolve open payable/receivable balances
- Prepare result dependent condition calculations
- Identify and apply cash receipts and disbursements
- Accurately capture terms and conditions into global systems with guidance
- Participate in quality control of entries to ensure accurate financials
- Perform analysis for quarterly closing
- Research and reconcile accounting matters related to statements of account
- Assist on special projects as needed
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, relationships and teamwork
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications Data manipulation and analysis. Excel required, VBA is a plus
- Solid math and analytic skills
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.