Senior IT Auditor
Hartford , United States
Your jobAs part of the North America Audit Hub you provide audit services to Munich Re’s North America entities to assist Senior Management in the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
We are open to this position being located in Hartford, CT, Stamford, CT and MA; NJ / Philadelphia, PA Metro Area; Columbus / Cincinnati, OH Area. Currently working remotely and flexibility to work remotely during normal office operations.
As a trusted advisor, The Senior IT Auditor:
- Builds effective relationships while providing independent value added internal audit services
- Provides reasonable assurance regarding the effectiveness of governance, compliance, risk management, and internal controls systems
- Independently or through leading engagement teams conducts independent assessments of Munich Re’s information systems, IT infrastructure, and IT internal control environment through the execution of risk analysis, control evaluation, and innovative audit testing procedures and techniques
- Has a lead role in all phases of assigned audits from planning to reporting, including understanding the technologies under review, how IT enables business operations, scoping the audit, identifying risks and controls, design and execution of testing procedures and writing audit reports
- Independently or through guiding assigned audit staff conducts risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development. Conclude on the effectiveness of controls through the review of work completed by others.
- Demonstrates and applies a thorough understanding of project management skills ensuring assigned audits meet department requirements. In coordination with management, sets overall engagement milestones (planning, fieldwork & reporting) for assigned projects. Ensures work is completed by self and assigned staff to consistently meet agreed upon milestone dates.
- Perform comprehensive review of various network related technologies including architecture, design, security risk to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Assess network security architecture and perform implementations & operations capabilities of network architecture and cloud services and projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise on IT infrastructure technologies such as operating systems, databases, secure network devices, cloud etc.
- Conduct audit of network architecture, design risk assessment, secure network design and risk/threat/vulnerability management capabilities.
- Effectively communicates orally and written in both technical IT and non-technical terms to Operational and IT management. Makes sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in data analysis concepts and practices. Effectively uses the department’s data analysis software to facilitate audit scoping and testing. Guides staff in the effective use of data analytics.
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Your profileYour Profile:
- A Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, business/finance or equivalent training along with relevant technology experience are required. Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Three to five years plus of IT Infrastructure audit or information technology experience with a focus on network infrastructure technology, architecture design, cloud, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of various IT infrastructure and network components such as operating system (Windows, Linux), databases (Oracle), network platforms, etc.
- Strong understanding of public cloud networking and network security controls such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge and experience with cybersecurity, including endpoint security and cryptography.
- Provide guidance to various teams on alignment with network security architecture and adoption of cloud security services.
- Strong knowledge of IT auditing standards and control frameworks such as IIA, COBIT, NIST Cyber, CSC, and ISO2700x.
- Demonstrates a highly skilled ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively lead / develop an audit team of peers, analyze and solve complex problems, conduct research, and express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates a strong understanding of business ethics.
- CISA or CISSP Certification is required for those with an audit background. Other technical / IT security certifications are a plus.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.