IT Internal Auditor
Hartford , United States
Your jobAs part of the North America Audit Hub (NAAH) you provide audit services to Munich Re’s North America entities to assist Senior Management in the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.We are open to this position being located in Hartford, CT, Stamford, CT and MA; NJ / Philadelphia, PA Metro Area; Columbus / Cincinnati, OH Area. Currently working remotely and flexibility to work remotely during normal office operations.As a trusted advisor, The IT Internal Auditor:
- Builds effective relationships while providing independent value added internal audit services
- Independently or through participation on engagement teams conducts independent assessments of Munich Re’s internal control environment
- Provides reasonable assurance regarding the effectiveness of IT systems, governance, compliance, risk management, and internal controls systems
- Execute information technology (IT) and integrated audits in areas such as General Controls, IT Governance, IT project lifecycle, system conversion and pre-implementation reviews and Third Party Risk Management.
- Review and assess compliance of IT systems and processes against IT directives, policies, standards and industry best practices frameworks.
- Independently conduct thorough risk analysis, control identification, as well as conclude on the effectiveness of processes and design of controls. Interpret the associated risks, develop testing approaches, and propose solutions. Identify control gaps and control performance exceptions and independently evaluate the potential impact.
- Effectively communicates orally and written in both technical IT and non-technical terms to Operational and IT management. Make sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively support conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Conducts data analysis to facilitate audit scoping and testing.
- Share knowledge with broader NAAH and global teams and takes an active role in facilitating the training and development of less experienced team members.
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Your profileYour profile:
- A Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, business/finance or equivalent training along with relevant technology experience are required. Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Two or more years of IT Audit or information technology experience with a focus on security, risk management, or system development.
- Knowledge of IT auditing standards and control frameworks such as IIA, COBIT, NIST Cyber, CSC, and ISO2700x.
- Intermediate knowledge of internal audit practices, and financial and operational process documentation. Demonstrated ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively execute large portions of an audit independently, analyze and solve complex problems and conduct research.
- Experience performing audit testing and documenting workpapers preferred.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of routine business processes and continue development of technical and analytical skills to understand more complex business processes.
- A familiarity with ACL software (Audit Command Language) or other data analytics tool and ability to conduct data analysis is desired.
- Progress towards completing the CISA or CISSP exam is preferred. The completion of other insurance or audit related certifications is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.