Regional Head of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities (North America)
New York , United States
Your jobNorth American Regional Head of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The North American Regional Head of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities provides leadership and sets direction for the management of all corporate real estate, building related fixed assets, architecture & engineering, construction, security / life-safety, food services, conference services, mail services, maintenance, and property management across the region for Munich Re Offices. Related responsibilities include negotiations and stakeholder management of lease contracts, a coordinated North American Facilities strategic plan, and the development of a secure, aesthetically pleasing, functional and productive work place that furthers the business goals of the company at large. Additionally, this role implements global and regional strategies for environmental sustainability and cost efficiency.
Your Job (Responsibilities)
- Partner with senior internal stakeholders and leaders to develop and deliver superior real estate and facilities solutions. Creating value by supporting the business goals of the company, alignment with organizational culture, and the attraction and retention of high quality talent by providing a collaborative, modern working environment across the North American Region.
- Collaboration across the global real estate network as professional and leader for the fastest growing region, alignment of frameworks and strategic direction
- Establish the North American organizational structure for Real Estate and Facilities services within MRAS SSO which considers efficiencies, industry best practices and the unique business needs of North American business units.
- Provide strategic leadership and development of Facility Management team leaders and the key functions of Building Operations, Facilities Services, Real Estate Management and Security/Life Safety Operations.
- Collaborate with senior leadership across the region to develop short and long range facility plans inclusive of space strategies, construction/renovation projects, capital replacements, requirements for owned/leased real estate and specifications characterizing Munich Re workplaces for the future.
- Management of all Real Estate leases, acquisitions and sub-leased properties including site selection, contract negotiations, risk management reviews, cost estimations for rent and improvements. Ensuring compliance with state, local and federal regulations and laws.
- Ensure a strong, strategic and collaborative relationship with Central Procurement to ensure operational efficiencies, cost savings, real estate portfolio management with all key stakeholders, outsourcing service partners and external vendors at a Local, Regional and Global level.
- Develop a regional strategy to oversee the contracting for all significant out-sourced operations and service delivery management including but not limited to real estate management, maintenance, housekeeping, grounds, food services and security.
- Budget management and control of rent, subsidies, operating expenses, capital budget, maintenance, renovations and corporate sustainability.
Your profileYour Profile (Qualifications)
- 10+ years of relevant experience within a Real Estate & Facilities Management role including working knowledge of North American Real estate market
- Significant knowledge and expertise in Real Estate Transaction Management, Facilities Management including Real Estate, Architecture & Engineering, Construction, Food Services, Conference Services, Fitness Center, Mail Services, Security/Life Safety, Property Management, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage through crisis events, working under pressure, directing operational recovery activities and managing facilities & life safety at recovery site.
- Strong planning, organization, prioritization and problem solving acumen to accomplish operational goals, project work, technical challenges and general customer and stakeholder requests.
- Solid technical acumen and professional skills and knowledge in areas of functional responsibility to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions. Including but not limited to Fire, Security and Building systems, Constructions, Electrical, Plumbing and IT Networks Infrastructures.
- Comprehensive negotiation skills and in depth understanding of contracts, commercials, real estate leases and general legal language.
- Ability to build strong customer and service delivery focused teams, fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members that are highly productive and engaged within the organizations diverse culture.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.