Reinsurance Accounting and Claims Handling Analyst
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Reinsurance Accounting & Claims Handling Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of client company contract, premium and loss related information into the Company’s global reinsurance systems. Requires the ability to work with and analyze client reported data received in various levels of detail and formats.
Primary responsibilities include focusing on handling the following claims related tasks with guidance and in accordance with agreed upon best practices, policies and procedures, and/or service level agreements:
- Creating new treaty and facultative losses
- Determining and posting proper reserves
- Processing payment transactions (incoming and outgoing) in accordance with contract terms
- Contract coverage research and interpretation
- Research and reconciliation of financial matters
- Maintain current accounts receivable
- May prepare result dependent condition calculations
- Resolve quality assurance tasks or questions
- Participate in quarter close process
- Participate in projects when needed
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, relationships and teamwork
- Solid math and analytic skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications Data manipulation and analysis. Excel required
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.