New York , United States
Your jobCofounder (Growth & Customer Development Focus)
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, the Incubator offers the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
Munich Re US Incubator is looking for an experienced, passionate entrepreneur / intrapreneur with a focus on sales and business development to join an existing venture team and grow a net new B2B SaaS business. Cofounders of more advanced Ventures are responsible for co-leading a specific Venture team in launching and scaling the business to accelerate our enterprise growth initiatives. Cofounders use their entrepreneurial skills and experience along with an experimental mindset, to get to the commercial truth to build out ventures. You can expect a test-and-learn environment, with rapid experimentation to drive progress.
This will be a high profile, high impact opportunity that’s exciting and professionally rewarding.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Hands-on doers with experience in building and scaling new businesses
- Self-starters, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Driven by results to build commercially viable ventures
- Passionate about the user/customer needs
- Experienced in creating and executing a vision and gaining senior leadership buy-in
- Inquisitive and curious, excited about testing out new ideas and concepts using a rigorous, test-and-learn approach
- Able to lead through influence and drive business results in an environment with competing priorities
- Able to drive progress over perfection but with calculated risk-taking
- Analytical thinkers, with the ability to synthesize and simplify complex information to drive progress
- Highly adaptable to new methods and ways of working, highly collaborative putting team results over personal gain
- Able to navigate organizational matrix, challenging the status quo to drive speed to learning
- Passionate about modelling the entrepreneurial mindset and approach
- Share responsibility with other co-founder(s) to oversee extended team of 20+ with about 3-5 direct reports
- Lead the venture’s growth strategy and execution of sales and business development efforts
- Act as the venture’s evangelist and spokesperson in marketing outreach and customer development
- Oversee and drive growth across lead generation, conversion, retention and referrals
- Build and execute a customer acquisition strategy, including offline and online channels, as applicable
- Collaborate with the marketing team on creating all necessary collateral to drive sales
- Develop tools and techniques to measure and understand the effectiveness of growth initiatives
- Leverage startup methodologies to unearth deep customer insights
- Utilize best practices in primary and secondary market research, prototyping, and experimentation
- Continuously synthesize learnings to collaboratively determine the path forward
- Be an internal champion for the innovation process to clearly and effectively model entrepreneurial behaviors
- Report to the Incubator Leadership and other key Munich Re stakeholders on the venture’s progress and hurdles to growth
- Support the development and execution of strategies to create a scalable business
Your profileThe successful candidate will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- 8 to 12+ years of experience in business development, business strategy, product development, and/or sales development in a corporation or startup
- Bachelor’s Degree required (in business, marketing, and/or related field), MBA preferred, but not essential
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Senior leadership team of a startup during formation and/or commercialization phase
- Experience with B2B marketing, communications and sales strategy, including relationship, strategic and/or technical sales
- Experience working within and/or managing a team of sales and marketing employees, including carrying an annual ‘book of business’
- Knowledge of ESG (environmental, social, and governance) frameworks and or prior experience in the sustainability space would be a big plus
- Proven success in breaking down complex problems into hypotheses, developing clear plans for validation, using data to refine concepts
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills across all levels of senior management, including the executive levels.
- Able to translate technical/entrepreneurial jargon making it actionable & clear
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation, totally comfortable operating in ambiguous and unregimented environments
- Highly motivated and action-oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.