Cloud Solutions Architect – Data & AI
Princeton , United States
Your jobCloud Solutions Architect – Data & AI
IT Business Technology
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire a consultant committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
The section IT 1.6 Business Technology is responsible for successful consulting on, bundling, management and design of IT innovation solutions in close cooperation with the business divisional units and departments, and central divisions in Munich Re (Group), as well as with other IT units.
IT section220.127.116.11 in Munich and section 18.104.22.168 in Princeton is responsible for Munich Re’s “Big Data and Analytics Platform” and specific data and AI based solutions. This so called BDAP platform builds the basis for the innovative digital solutions of Munich Re and needs permanent development.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data Platform & Advanced Analytics/Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and BDAP Data, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Platform.
You will own the Data Platform & Advanced Analytics technical customer engagements within our North American Business Units including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Data Platform and Advanced Analytics solutions to productions.
ResponsibilitiesKey responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall data landscape, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Working with multiple customers, Munich Re Black Belts to create Proof of concepts (POCs) / Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) etc. and guiding customers through to production deployment and operationalization of projects.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge and skills to guide client’s journey through Analytics-led data transformation.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create and modernize Data Platform, Data Analytics and AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure Databricks, MLFlow, Azure ML, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake etc.).
- Architect Azure DevOps pipelines to drive all docker container builds out to the Container registry and then deployed to Azure Kubernetes./Azure WebApps for containers.
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer stakeholders and IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within Munich Re.
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with BDAP Engineering team and BDAP Solution & Design Team to remove key blockers.
- Experience. 8+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic projects. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Data Engineers, ML Engineers and Data Scientist)
- "Hands on" Experience creating AI Proof of Concepts, Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for customers that lead to production deployments
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in three or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI
- Data Science / Machine Learning including Azure Data Bricks, Python, R, Azure ML.
- Artificial Intelligence including Cognitive Services
- Big Data and Data Warehouses including Azure Databricks Lake House, Azure Synapse Analytics (formerly Azure SQL DW), Snowflake, GCP’s Big Query, AWS Redshift
- Application development skills - ability to stand up a back end (Python, R or similar), front end (node.js or similar)
- NoSQL Databases like Mongo, Cosmos DB etc.
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
- Prior solution delivery experience in AI specialized solution providers desired
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.