Technical Analyst - Reserving
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe're adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking for those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Future focused and always one step ahead:
You will be a member of the Strategic Analysis and Reporting Team reporting to the Sr. Actuarial Manager. You will support the quarterly monitoring, close, and internal reporting processes for Corporate Reserving. The you will also have responsibility for continuous improvement efforts and adherence to controls.
Major responsibilities include:
- Provide data for quarterly monitoring process, including data preparation, completion of data quality checks, and resolving data issues.
- Assist actuaries in quarterly booking and reporting tasks. Includes data preparation, analysis, adherence to controls, and documentation.
- Maintain individual contract assignments to reserving segment, including quarterly quality assurance checks and implementation of new or revised segments.
- Create, modify and enhance existing processes and associated templates/files/data in response to changing requirements and to create efficiencies.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or related field.
- 4+ years of (re)insurance experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and ability to apply advanced techniques in worksheets and other applications
- Strong process improvement knowledge
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.